Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 18, 2019, 04:36:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BMFA to see Aviation Minister concerning proposed CAA regulations  (Read 4814 times)
Jez Wilkins
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »

Hi all.

I have just become aware that (14) more written evidence submissions have been published on the Select Committee's website https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/science-and-technology-committee/inquiries/parliament-2017/commercial-recreational-drone-uk-17-19/publications/.  The submissions include one from our own 'Buster11' - although he obviously did not use that name to make his submission. Smiley

Well done, Buster11!! Grin

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 45

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2019, 04:53:35 PM »

Yes ..... i think though Martin's plea echos what has been said by most aeromodellers who wrote in - "simply not necessary".  I am not sure about the birds though but anyway bird strikes have hardly brought down many aircraft have they.  Model aircraft even less; which again illustrates that it is the "drone" that is considered to be the problem.  Birds and model aircraft have been around a lot longer.  In fairness too a bird is not uncontrolled completely - it can avoid things if it sees them.
Jez Wilkins
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: September 05, 2019, 05:31:05 AM »

Hi all.

Extract from a post by 'Andy Symons - BMFA' (on another forum) at 09:18:26, on 05/09/2019:-

'The situation at the moment is very fluid, neither the final registration requirements for association members or the insurance implications are in any way clear yet. There are meetings going on as we speak with the BMFA CEO, more for tomorrow and Monday, with various sections of the DfT, ministers and the CAA. It is a long way from a done deal yet.'

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: September 05, 2019, 09:08:37 AM »

My goodness aren’t they making heavy weather of all this but they are getting paid so I suppose they are happy.  If we end up with any kind of U turn then I bet no ones head would roll for wasting time and resources, like would have been the case in the commercial world. However there may be grounds for some optimism because it is no doubt dawning that the up take for registrations will be very very much less than the 170,000. 
Jez Wilkins
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2019, 02:05:28 PM »

Hi all.

Further written evidence submission to the Select Committee, by the BMFA, SAA, LMA and FPVUK http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument/science-and-technology-committee/commercial-and-recreational-drone-use-in-the-uk/written/104905.pdf

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins
Viperkite
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »

Reading the evidence it just shows how ridiculous this scheme is.
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2019, 04:36:06 AM »

It is the way things are as is constantly demonstrated.  All due to our over tolerant society.  But it works all ways.  You see.  I bet the number of prosecutions will be very small.  In fact my calculated guess is like most things a month or three on you won’t even remember it. 
Viperkite
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2019, 09:45:02 AM »

I have been hearing about the governments future plans which also include electronic tags on the models and an 'app' you use to inform them when and where you are flying.
In other words, you have to sign a register, you are tagged and you have to inform them of your whereabouts. So the same as a sex offender then.
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2019, 12:32:02 PM »

But we would be easier to convict! 
DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2019, 01:38:48 PM »

Would it be out of place to suggest all knives be fitted with electronic tags. That might reduce an out of control area and save some unfortunates life. Sounds to me technology looking for an application. who is connected to who?
My skeptical take on an out of control civil servant.
Ricky
Jez Wilkins
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2019, 04:43:35 PM »

Hi all.

Latest BMFA 'News Flash' https://bmfa.org/News/News-Page/ArticleID/2610/An-update-on-the-UK-regulations-for-model-flyers-a-bit-of-good-news-at-last  Grin

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins
Smithy64
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2019, 07:34:11 PM »

Interesting development we will wait and see what happens

Neil
Viperkite
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2019, 03:13:22 AM »

At last, a bit of sense in all this.
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 180

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2019, 06:48:27 AM »

Amazing what a little bit of noise can achieve. Good luck with all this , hopefully it will gravitate to the solution that has been in place up until the present - ie no registration.

Thanks again Jez.

John
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2019, 11:50:27 AM »

Yesterday I am away at the moment but just picked up the circular.  I would be content with registration via BMFA membership but no fee or a reduced one.  I think this is due as much as anything to the new incumbent. Let us hope not too many people notice and we get a fair result.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: