Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 17, 2019, 06:47:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Geodetic Galaxy Q  (Read 229 times)
Starduster
Platinum Member

Kudos: 34

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2019, 01:22:23 PM »

Gentlepersons:

I just picked up a Geodetic Galaxy kit (from an estate sale) thinking about building it for NFFS Golden Age 1/2A, but looking at the approved design list, though the Geo Galaxy is listed, it specifically says: "GEODETIC GALAXIE 1/2A – ANDERSON KIT – 1967 " I have the Kyosho kit.

Is there a difference between the Anderson kit and the Kyosho? (I'm assuming there is, otherwise NFFS would not a specified it in the list)

Thanks

Though - on second thought - according to the Free Flight Schedule for the Nats, Golden Age is not listed, so this is a moot point, but I'd still like to know

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty..."
FF Bruce
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »

No differences that I know of, that list is more of a guide line. All you need is proof that the model was designed before the end of 1969. I can't afford to travel to the Nats but you should check with someone if the Golden Age event is an unofficial event to be flown. I thought it was.

prisms2
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:19:51 AM »

Starduster, Both kits are Golden Age legal. I have 3 Geodetic Galaxies,two 1/2A models and one 585. This year I have one set up with floats to fly ROW and the other to fly 1/2A,A, and Golden Age. You should really build this model,you"ll love it. My 1/2A flies right-right, transitions great,  and glides like a homesick angel. Enjoy!
Starduster
Platinum Member

Kudos: 34

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 12:03:01 PM »

Starduster, Both kits are Golden Age legal.

Thanks for that info. Do you know if Golden Age will be offered at the Nats (and also Electric Golden Age?) Neither are on the schedule.

SD

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: