Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 20, 2019, 01:43:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flying Scale Models Bucker Jungmeister  (Read 684 times)
ffkiwi
Gold Member

Kudos: 20

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2019, 09:00:48 PM »

looking for a copy of the plan and article for John Watters FF scale 020 Bucker Jungmeister which was published as a full size in the Jan/Feb 1998 issue of 'Fly Scale Model'   [a new start up publication from the AMI stable]...happy to buy the whole magazine providing it still has the plan in it...

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
Ratz
MAAC#26533
Administrator
Gold Member

Kudos: 129

Canada Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 09:25:26 PM »

The plan from the publisher:
http://flyingscalemodels.com/store/products/bucker-133-jungmeister-plan/

We don't stop playing because we grow old...
We grow old because we stop playing.
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 07:08:11 PM »

For what they're asking for the plan alone I'd be able to buy the whole magazine second hand AND get it airmailed to me....

Chris M
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 51

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 01:58:45 AM »

Chris, there is a 26" inline version from Aeromodeller by W Lister on Outerzone. It isn't 36" as listed. It could easily be lightened.
Indoorflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 13

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 03:45:07 PM »

Thanks for that reminder Bill.  I sent a note to Steve at OZ re the size discrepancy.  

I really like an inline engine Jungmeister.  This lovely beast (a Polish built version, completed by Zlin-Avion) is well documented if you Google search on its registration number.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajw1970/34253715642/sizes/k/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aerofossile2012/45962665394/sizes/l
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:31:12 PM by Indoorflyer » Logged

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 06:24:52 PM »

Chris, there is a 26" inline version from Aeromodeller by W Lister on Outerzone. It isn't 36" as listed. It could easily be lightened.

Bill -is that the Eric Coates one?     I have the MA C/L one-and may well build it....just to upset the complacent..."What??... Murphy turning up with C/L SCALE model..??!!"-   but the appeal of a small F/F one remains...I particularly like the Swiss ones with their generally yellow colour schemes....

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 08:51:12 PM »

Chris,
         Are you sure it is the Jungmeister plan you are looking for? The only inline Jungmeister was the prototype. All the Jungmann's were inline and were made in high volume.
I have a plan of the Jungmeister that was used to build a peanut.
Ricky 
Indoorflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 13

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 10:57:34 PM »

The OP knows what he wants.  "We" took the liberty of interposing the inline configuration; but the plan in Ratz's link is the radial version, for the plan the OP asked about. There are a number of later Jungmeister full scale builds ("homebuilts" and conversions) that use LOM and similar inline engines for power.  Of course, they are much better looking than the radial ones....     Grin

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 03:12:27 AM »

Bill -is that the Eric Coates one?     I have the MA C/L one-and may well build it....just to upset the complacent..."What??... Murphy turning up with C/L SCALE model..??!!"-   but the appeal of a small F/F one remains...I particularly like the Swiss ones with their generally yellow colour schemes....

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Chris, no they are different. If you do a search on OZ for just 'Bucker' you will find all sorts of Jungmenn and meisters, and cowlings. It depends what you want. An inline Jungmann is much easier than a radial meister and can be in the yellow Swiss scheme. These will also be German Hirth engine versions with flat top cowling; most Jungmenn you see are the Spanish CASA version with different, and curved top, cowlings.
If you want a yellow one, I suggest the Coates 36" plan (very accurate) and scale it for what you want, but much lighter. This is my 30" rubber one and the same size would suit a Mills 75. They fly very well - some say they even weathercock into wind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gGRqfjDPIc
Bill
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 05:47:05 AM »

Chris,
         Are you sure it is the Jungmeister plan you are looking for? The only inline Jungmeister was the prototype. All the Jungmann's were inline and were made in high volume.
I have a plan of the Jungmeister that was used to build a peanut.
Ricky 

Yes Ricky its the 23" ADH plan radial Jungmeister plan from jan/feb 99 FSM I'm specifically looking for...

ChrisM
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 05:50:12 AM »

That's very nice Bill-and exactly the colour scheme I had in mind-though I had U-99 in mind as the specific aircraft....!

ChrisM
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 06:22:21 AM »

I picked that one because there were lots of photos at the time of it hanging up in Zurich airport and I could read the little stencil writing!
PS by a miracle I kept the stencil writing file, so when the time comes...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:40:32 AM by billdennis747 » Logged
DHnut
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 06:51:14 AM »

Hi Chris,
            I am pretty sure I have a copy of that FSM. I will let me know tomorrow.
Ricky
_AL_
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 06:51:37 AM »

I think I have this. Give me a couple of days to dig through my plans stash & I'll see if I can find it.

Al
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 08:46:38 PM »

Thanks guys-I await developments with interest....

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
Kiwi
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 05:54:26 AM »

Chris, I have all issues of FSM from Vol 1 No1 onwards and I have them all indexed and a database of the fullsize plans. Can do you a copy if you still need it.
Nev
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 05:57:30 AM »

Nev-since you're local-yes, please!-a copy of the plan and the original article would be great....    I have a complete set of AMIs-but never purchased FSM....probably because the local bookshops never stocked it, unlike AMI.

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
Kiwi
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 05:04:29 AM »

Chris, Article and plan scanned, PM me your email address and I'll send them on.
Nev (on the Otago Peninsula)
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 05:24:39 PM »

Nev (on the Otago Peninsula)

My old stamping grounds......I used to work at Portobello Marine Lab in the early 90s

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
DHnut
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 06:24:52 PM »

Chris,
         Clearly you now have the plan. This was the one issue I was missing. Also were you aware there were two publications under the heading of R/C Flying Scale International, one from Nexus and the the other from Traplet. Very confusing. I remember visiting you at Portobello and having to puch start the hire car.
Ricky
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 07:20:11 PM »

Anyway-all thanks for your suggestions and queries-and I'm pleased to announce that thanks to kiwi Nev I now have both the plan and article-after a couple of hiccups with the scans not always overlapping-and enough to put together the complete plan, which I'll do this weekend.  At first glance, it looks as though with a bit of work it would make a passable rubber scale model as well-with some judicious adjustment of structure to lighten it a bit. Having had a rummage through the small diesel box (OK-I'm spoilt for choice...!) a VA Elfin 0.36 would fit quite nicely within the cowl, likewise a Schlosser 0.25 or a John 0.3-and with the cowl split horizontally you can start and do your adjustments with the top half of the cowl removed, before replacing the half cowl for launch....    At this stage I'm leaning towards the Schlosser-both for its compactness-and also its ability to slog on a 6x4-which looks about right diameter on the plan.....the Kalper .32 and VA Mills 0.4 are just too big to fit comfortably in the cowl-not the least for depth-as you have to be able to choke them....the John 0.3 is the neatest fit-but revs like a TD and only likes the small 4" to 4-1/2" props...which is a bit problematic in terms of cowl clearance...

FWIW an 8" dia looks about right for rubber power....

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 07:24:35 PM »

I just had another wicked thought....a Gasparin GM-300 might fit rather nicely as well......

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: