Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 07, 2019, 01:13:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FF Indoor Nats Pics  (Read 680 times)
C VEICH
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 04:43:00 PM »

Where was this event held this year? I used to attend the Johnson City TN event...BTW how did the little ANT-25 fly? Great pics thank you!

The event was held at the Round Valley Dome in Eagar, Arizona.  The dome is a sports venue associated with the local high school if I am not mistaken.  The "little" ANT-25 is actually Dave Aronstein's coconut scale model and has a span of about 60 inches or so.  It won the coconut scale event if I am not mistaken and flew majestically.  A YouTube video can be found here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIvTiNCGN9c
All of Dave's models were incredibly light.  His No-Cal scale Mr. Smoothie was also an amazing performer.

Great photos - thanks for posting. Liked seeing the Farman 250 (F-ALEG) which is a great flying prototype. What is the site?
cheers
Tim

The Farman was also a coconut but I never did see it fly.

I would have liked to be there; but I'm a little far. The videos of the flights could get me a little closer. Please, if you have phonologies, share them

Sorry Jose but I did not take any video.  Surely someone at the event did though so maybe search around on YouTube or maybe somebody will reply here with a link to some video from the event.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: FF Indoor Nats Pics

If it ain't broke, go fly it!
Indoorflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 15

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 04:55:39 PM »

I've never flown indoors over "Astro turf"--did the surface seem to pose any landing issues?

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
C VEICH
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 09:49:15 PM »

I've never flown indoors over "Astro turf"--did the surface seem to pose any landing issues?

Did not appear to me to be any issues but not being an indoor flyer I may not be a reliable source of info!

If it ain't broke, go fly it!
NormF
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »

I liked the Astro turf. Didn’t miss that “thunk” a CLG/HLG makes when they hit a concrete or hardwood floor. Landings were fine. ROG’s needed a runway, so the guys had a table top on the floor. The Astro turf also killed the noisy echo, typical of a big dome shaped structure. I think some enjoyed laying on their back, watching their planes.

Crabby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 134

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »

Where was this event held this year? I used to attend the Johnson City TN event...BTW how did the little ANT-25 fly? Great pics thank you!

The "little" ANT-25 is actually Dave Aronstein's coconut scale model and has a span of about 60 inches or so.

That is an old plane! I flew against it in a mass launch at Johnson City, that must have been 15 years ago maybe more, but it flew like it was filled with helium. 

The Threadkiller!
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 180

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 05:15:19 AM »

Thanks for all the photos. Very interesting collection of models.

John
charlieman
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2019, 10:04:43 PM »

Chad,
So glad to see you attending and documenting indoor FF events, especially scale. Good coverage. So, thank you very much!

BTW- I just sold my 60% Mustang model to EAA. Sorry, I really wanted it to go in your reception area....

It went into the truck today and is officially on its way to Oshkosh. Soon to be in their Warbirds of America pavilion. I've been told it will be painted in 357 FS colors.

I think you may be enjoying FF scale? Grin Grin Grin   Hope to be doing more, myself, soon.

Charlie, aka "packardpursuit".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: