Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 12, 2019, 09:33:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Torque meter  (Read 264 times)
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 54

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »

There are 18 pages on torque meters so I'll jump the queue and ask - has any info been published on a torque meter suitable for UK BMFA mini vintage (30g rubber in 12 strands)
thanks
Bill
gman
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 10:18:41 AM »

Hi Bill, whatever torque meter you use for your 12 strand coupes will work equally well for your 12 strand MV motors. You do use a torque meter on your coupes?....
Gavin
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 54

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 10:40:19 AM »

Yes I do. Thanks Gavin. It's Trish who wants it - she's unhappy that she isn't piling on the turns every time.
gman
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 11:16:14 AM »

Ah, well, same answer as before but you'll (sorry she'll) have to use a short winding rod as well because a coupe torque meter isn't long enough. That's how I manage on the odd occasion these days that I fly MV. Otherwise Trish will need to make a long enough meter with the same (ish) torque response. The CD Forum report of a few years ago has a good article by Joe Flynn covering various wire/length/torque combinations and its from there that I built my meter. You need to get up to 40+inch ounces of torque for 12 of 1/8th. Unless making a new meter appeals then just make up a simple winding rod extension, it works fine.
Gavin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: