Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 12, 2019, 06:08:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My first F1R  (Read 952 times)
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 40

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2019, 09:18:02 PM »

I'll post the A6 plans, just need a few days to get around to checking the pdf version, kind of busy getting ready for Wednesday flying right now.

I built a new stab and rudder for the F1r, also noticed when I got home that the boom was bent as well, so I also had to replace that. New boom/stab/rudder shown, total plane weight was still around .52 g. Biggest challenge at the field so far is getting it out of the box without breaking it.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: My first F1R
Iridescent Wings
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2019, 03:25:20 PM »

I'll post the A6 plans, just need a few days to get around to checking the pdf version, kind of busy getting ready for Wednesday flying right now.

I built a new stab and rudder for the F1r, also noticed when I got home that the boom was bent as well, so I also had to replace that. New boom/stab/rudder shown, total plane weight was still around .52 g. Biggest challenge at the field so far is getting it out of the box without breaking it.

Hey, you're Domoremath, aren't you?
Flyguy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2019, 05:17:52 PM »

Yes, haven't done much outdoor flying this year though.

Given the problems with the box mentioned above, I upgraded it with balsa slides, both for the wings and props, first photo, second photo shows that the A6 and F1L wings both just fit on one slide. More room and I'm not breaking things (as much)!
Iridescent Wings
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2019, 06:50:54 PM »

That looks very nice! I have trouble building that well, but maybe it's just impatience. Awesome nevertheless!
Flyguy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2019, 03:36:55 PM »

Thanks, it's a lot of practice and some patience, pretty much what this hobby is all about!

I finished a second F1R, didn't change anything but used some old .006 I had for the boom, and so it came out lighter at .494 g. The A6 and F1L track nicely and don't need steering, but this is light and drifts more and I realized last week that I have to learn how to pole steer for the F1R; that motivated building a back-up cause the learning curve will probably consist of some breakage!
Iridescent Wings
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 05:34:05 PM »

Incredible building skills! Now I want to build one of my own  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: