Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 22, 2019, 08:06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where do people get their banana oil?  (Read 274 times)
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 123

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2019, 02:44:52 PM »

I've not used banana oil for a while, but feel the urge to slurp some onto my Bristol Scout. I'm hoping it wil not transparencify the tissue as much as non-shrinking dope. Where do UK banana oil users get their supply these days? Also, is HMG banana oil (which someone's selling on eBay) ok?
cvasecuk
Gold Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 02:48:59 PM »

HMG banana oil is what John Hook has been selling for a few years. It is what I use and have found it to be OK.
Ron
Tim Horne
Silver Member

Kudos: 19

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »

VMC have it.
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 51

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 02:54:59 PM »

I just asked my model shop to order some and he did. HMG. I don't know why I ordered it but if we're both at Buckminster next weekend you can have it. I don't know about different brands but it's all just distilled squashed bananas, isn't it?
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 56

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 04:10:30 PM »

Bit of a tangent, but I ordered some stuff from Flitehook recently and … nothing. Usually very quick and I wonder what's happening.

Dan..
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 04:52:05 PM »

John Hook was flying at the 8th area meeting at Beaulieu today, so give him a ring and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

Peter
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 123

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »

Thanks all. I've just ordered a small 60ml jar so I can press on with the Scout. I don't think I'll use it on much except peanuts though, and when this one's done I'm in no hurry to do another of of the fiddly little perishers any time soon. But Bill, thank you and yes I'll gladly take a bit more off your hands if I go to Buckminster next week.
kkphantom
Bronze Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 08:39:20 AM »

I bought some from SAMS at Peterborough.
TimWescott
Platinum Member

Kudos: 14

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 02:23:57 PM »

Thanks all. I've just ordered a small 60ml jar so I can press on with the Scout. I don't think I'll use it on much except peanuts though, and when this one's done I'm in no hurry to do another of of the fiddly little perishers any time soon. But Bill, thank you and yes I'll gladly take a bit more off your hands if I go to Buckminster next week.

I really think that as a service to aeromodelers, some homebuilt aircraft folks need to get together and build some classic sport planes big enough to carry people.  I'm specifically thinking of the Ugly Stick (of which there is a peanut-scale model, and it doesn't look fiddly at all) and maybe an Embryo Endurance.  That way you can just build what you wanted to in the first place, and then enter it in Scale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: