Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 26, 2020, 06:39:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Wings Tissue  (Read 327 times)
vintagemike
Silver Member

Kudos: 9

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »

Hi there, looking for a bit of advice with a West Wings kit (the Widgeon) to be precise. The kit comes with a silver tissue that I,ve not seen before, it looks white on the reverse side, silver on the face side almost as though its been sprayed. my questions are, does it attach with either dope or tissue paste, how is water or steam shrinking, does it mold ok around curves and does it take dope ok? Thanks, Mike 
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 58

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 11:12:50 AM »

If it's like Esaki Jap Silver, it's applied silver side in, then the dope brings the silver through. I've always used paste, as thinners will not penetrate the silver to stick to doped wood. Do test a scrap bit first, though...

Good luck!

Dan.
Viperkite
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 11:51:36 AM »

The problem with it is it won't watershrink once it's on the model. I had to spray it then apply on the model while wet otherwise it wouldn't tighten up.
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 58

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 12:26:59 PM »

Silver side in shrinks as normal. If the silver is applied on the outside, then it's a devil to shrink.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: