Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 12, 2019, 06:18:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: model suicide  (Read 229 times)
Viperkite
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2019, 04:58:12 AM »

Recently had a session with a 20 inch chuck glider I was catapult launching in a 3 acre field. Some flights were 15 seconds and some just dove into the soft ground, no harm done. Until the model flew straight into my flight box like a kamikaze. It was the only inanimate object in the whole field. Model was turned into matchwood. What are the odds.
Crabby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 132

United States United States

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »

I have had a few very unstable models who attempted suicide from time to time. One that succeeded did so by gently landing in an elderly woman's purplish beehive hair-do. She panicked and thought a bat had attacked her, and went into flailing and spastic convulsions. There was a considerable amount of time picking the tissue and balsa bits out of her coiffure, and while she explained that bats had attacked her before, I gave her a nice cold beer out of the cooler and she paid me $20 for the wrecked model toy. I still see her from time to time, and we have found affection for each other. I now call her the bat-whisperer, and she calls me honey. I have to learn to modulate my charisma factor.

The Threadkiller!
Viperkite
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »

When I was a kid I made a Keilkraft Comet chuck glider, but I was no good at the 'chuck' bit. A friend was very good though and lobbed it high. As it swooped down it headed towards a young women's head. We watched horrified as it just missed her as she carried on walking without ever realising how close she got to smack in the head.
Big G
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:08:27 PM »

Last Saturday I was flying indoor at a local sports hall, and took my brand new Kenny Penny, finished only a few days previously. I assembled it, gave it a few turns and tried a launch. It stalled badly a couple of times. I picked it up and was pondering what adjustments to make, when a model (rubber-driven, but not duration) was launched quite close to me, did a small circuit and flew straight into my new Penny Plane. Total destruction!! I was the only person apart from the other model's launcher on the floor of the sports hall at the time.... Not model suicide, more model murder.

Which reminds me - if anyone in the UK has a Kalina Kenny Penny kit for sale, please PM me. I would like to finish what I started......

G
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 180

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 06:36:33 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Hilarious Crabby! Are you a retired comic by any chance!

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: