Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 16, 2019, 07:52:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hela A1 Free flight to electric  (Read 67 times)
Birdofprey
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

Hungary Hungary

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2019, 02:29:19 AM »

I know that it's an offence not readily forgiven, but I took a classic A1 design and made it electric RC. The plans of course came from the Plan Gallery. To make matters worse, I also applied some relicing to the model in form of stained lacquer. Otherwise the building process was old-school, balsa and tissue.

Sadly because of the weather I didn't commit to final assembly. Will be flown next year, or if some snow will show up before Christmas. (the servo for the elevator is on the left side, not seen on the picture, because it's under the wing, right at the end of the equipment compartment. The servo for the rudder is – as shown – built into the fuselage).
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Hela A1 Free flight to electric
Hela A1 Free flight to electric
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 32

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 05:13:52 AM »

Looks like a fun project! At least on days when it's not windy. Don't be surprised if you need to enlarge the fin and rudder to make it behave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: