Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2021, 10:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kibbie Dome 2020 Indoor Free Flight Contest  (Read 396 times)
jakepF1D
Gold Member

Kudos: 8

United States United States

Topic starter
1996 World Champs

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2019, 05:47:25 PM »

The Kibbie Dome indoor free flight contest will be 6/24-6/28 in 2020. 

I'll post a flyer with more info soon, but it will be roughly the same format as previous years.  All AMA indoor free flight events will be flown all 5 days.  Entry will be $300 for all 5 days for open class, and juniors can fly free. 

The University of Idaho is now requiring a 50% deposit at least 30 days prior to the event, so I ask anyone planning to attend to send entry fees in as early as possible.  I have some surplus from last year, but it's only about half of the deposit, and I need some of that money to purchase helium (and possibly prizes).

For those that just can't get enough indoor, I'm also planning a 2 days contest at the Tillamook Air Museum the weekend before Kibbie (6/20-6/21).  Tillamook is about a 2 hour drive from the Portland airport, and it's about an 8 hour drive from Tillamook to Kibbie.  More info to follow soon.
jakepF1D
Gold Member

Topic starter
1996 World Champs

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 06:56:08 PM »

Here's the flyer.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Kibbie Dome 2020 Indoor Free Flight Contest
jakepF1D
Gold Member

Topic starter
1996 World Champs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 01:13:35 PM »

Kibbie Dome update.  I received a call from the University of Idaho yesterday.  They're not yet canceling events in June, but the possibility exists.  They will also need to install the field turf much earlier than originally scheduled due to staffing shortages, so if the contest happens, turf will already be installed.  This isn't ideal, but it won't prevent the contest from happening.  I'm still monitoring the situation and I'll send out an update if the contest is in fact canceled.
jakepF1D
Gold Member

Topic starter
1996 World Champs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 03:08:18 PM »

I've made the sad decision to cancel the Kibbie Dome contest this year.  It's scheduled to occur in just 11 weeks, yet most of the world is still under stay at home orders.  It doesn't seem responsible to ask people to travel from all around the world to meet up for this event, so I'll now focus on making 2021 the best Kibbie event ever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: