Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
February 25, 2020, 11:17:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: E6000 glue  (Read 222 times)
Rubber Rookie
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2020, 11:43:38 AM »

I'm having trouble finding Duco glue locally.  I know I can buy it off the internet, but I don't need a 12 pack and shipping for one or two tubes is very expensive (I don't have amazon prime).  I seem to recall a discussion on E6000 glue, but I can't find it anymore.  Since it's says to use acetone to clean it up, I'm thinking that I can also use acetone to thin it, just like Duco.  Has anyone used E6000?  What were your experiences?  Does it sand easily?

Please, I use cellulose glue for several reasons.  I could use CA or Elmer's, but for various reasons I have decided not to.  So please no discussion on why I need to switch to your favorite.

Rubber Rookie
faif2d
Platinum Member

Kudos: 31

Sun came up I was here to see it = good day

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »

Walmart has a glue called Bond 527 in their craft section that is similar but has more plasticizer than Duco. I mix my own mixture with this glue 527, Duco, and Ambroid.  I am down to my last few tubes of Ambroid and when that is gone I will have to change my mix.

I used to like painting with dope but now I can't remember why!    Steve Fauble
Crabby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 135

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 02:46:11 PM »

I find Duco in almost every Ace hardware.

The Threadkiller!
NormF
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 04:35:30 PM »

I think E6000 is a flexible glue like Goop. Duco should be available at the big box stores, either in a tube or a squeeze bottle.

Norm
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 33

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 10:19:20 PM »

Walmart has a glue called Bond 527 in their craft section that is similar but has more plasticizer than Duco. I mix my own mixture with this glue 527, Duco, and Ambroid.  I am down to my last few tubes of Ambroid and when that is gone I will have to change my mix.

Bond 527, or Beacon 527? I found the latter in one of those chain craft stores, like Michael's. As I recall, it may have been a little thicker than Duco right out of the tube, but that's easy to fix with acetone. The craft store had about a gazillion kinds of glue and it was hard to figure out the differences. But 527 seems about right for stick and tissue models.
faif2d
Platinum Member

Kudos: 31

Sun came up I was here to see it = good day

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »

Bond 527 was made by Beacon years ago so must be the same stuff.  I had one tube and when it was gone I could not remember where I had purchased it.  I looked on the old tube and found that beacon was the manufacture so I googled them and called.  It sounded like I had gotten someone out in the factory floor and when I asked him he said that Wal Mart carried it.  I felt kinda stupid at that point.

I used to like painting with dope but now I can't remember why!    Steve Fauble
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: