Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2021, 10:01:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2020 BMFA May Nationals  (Read 1780 times)
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2020, 04:17:34 AM »

So are you going to share ?  And there could be two sides to this story so maybe the comments of the ST. Should be sought before rushing to judgement.
kkphantom
Gold Member

Kudos: 9

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2020, 05:19:48 AM »

No. I'm not getting involved any further. I'm not investing any more time and energy building models for competitions that may or may not take place according to in-fighting and politics. I'll spectate in future, but as for taking part in scale comps, no, not for me.
Gary
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2020, 06:14:11 AM »

Ahhh..... “in fighting and politics”.  I did wonder if it was that spectre rearing up again.  So perhaps a bit of banging heads was necessary.  But I understand your feelings.  So that is it then.  Thanks.
Russ Lister
Free Flight Modeller .... sub 250g!
Palladium Member

Kudos: 75

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2020, 08:33:50 AM »

With the diminishing demographic of traditional aeromodellers, I hoped that our 'aeromodelling party' would end with a good knees up and not a brawl in the car park.
I'm staying inside with the knees up from now on and just hope those in the car park can sort themselves out. Until then, I'll enjoy the party  Smiley
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Kudos: 42

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2020, 05:51:38 AM »

I don't participate myself in outdoor FF Scale comps, but I'll say this:  making any model is a significant undertaking of time and effort, the motivation and deadline for which is usually the competition itself.  I have no idea (nor do I want any) of the politics, just to say that the most important people in the hobby are those who actually make and fly the models.
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2020, 06:25:10 AM »

I agree with you Jon, and I am disappointed at this episode because although I am not an avid competitor inevitably there is speculation and condemnation which really we could do without because we all largely “get on” with each other and things usually go pretty smoothly.   And so it is fun.  Those in the front line of all this are being rather coy so it will fester for a while and leave a nasty taste.  But it will pass,  as things do. I hope. Nonetheless those who build fly and compete deserve a little better surely?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: