Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
February 19, 2020, 02:07:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TH 30  (Read 102 times)
airplay
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Denmark Denmark

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2020, 07:03:33 PM »

Yesterday I attended Danish Indoor Champs. Very friendly meeting with 40year plus FF friends plus one grandchild. We flew the whole palate in a truly Cat 1 gym... Last year we had some sort of revival from the good years and many turned up with EZB's and some Swedish things from genius Romblad. And we didn't flew that much, more trimming and gluing. A swede named Brohede nailed the coffin with his 13min fleight in 1.2g EZB. And we danes did 4min.
This year much better. No swede and one dane did 7min same place. But much gluing.
So we need to learn.
So I for my sake I dropped EZB (Wood) and looked south to Germany . In 2 years they have made a good beginner class called TH30 (Tournament hall)  with very many competitors. And half juniors.
Very simple class: 30cm span, prop A6 type 160mm, min 1.6g frame. And I think no fibers except organic.
I build a pair and they flew wonderful right from the start. On same unadjusted rubber I did 2x4min best. Trimming were 2 flights and then 1900 turns on a 1g/m 32cm . I think 2200 r would be possible from the meter.
Nothing broken, only flying.
Best times i Cat1 Germany is about 6 min.

Post some pics later,  but would like your opinion on a this new beginner class?

Jens

airplay
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Denmark Denmark

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 03:18:12 PM »

This model was best of my 3 candidates. Had one beauty aka traditional F1D and one tipbladed, heavish one too...
I was somehow astonished how easy trimmed they went, but the low dia prop/moment might be the answer...
In german champs this class for lasts 2 years had as many competitors as any old class, 15-17 in numbers. Half juniors approximate...
But 4 hours is hectic for trimming and competing 3 models .
Jens

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: TH 30
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: