Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 08, 2020, 06:00:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Prier 3 view drawing  (Read 768 times)
Russ Lister
Free Flight Modeller .... sub 250g!
Palladium Member

Kudos: 72

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2020, 05:07:51 PM »

That makes sense ... I can get blue foam to a thickness quite quickly, but I suppose I have invested in a bit more kit than average. I don't take it for granted ... more a case of forgetting how I have made life easier for myself!

Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 133

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2020, 02:11:12 PM »

Well I tried to knock the two seater monoplane drawing into something resembling my favoured photos, but in the end it was too difficult. There are just too many variations in the 2 seaters. Just when you think yoiu've found a good photo showing it from another angle you realise the rib count is different...

So... Plan B and back to the Anzani powered single seater. The single seater drawing I got in my pack of scans from the Aerospace library was quite a good match. Just had the wrong tailplane and a few other issues such as the cowl details and cockpit being too far back. However the general dimensions and layout matched the published ones and as the wing had no drawn ribs on it I could just add the correct number of those myself. I realise I can't see the tailplane in plan view on my photo but got the outilne from the drawings/photos I now have of the two-seaters. It is something of a guess though I admit. The last photo attached here is, I believe, the same type but with the older all-moving tail.

I'm hoping my amended drawing and the first photo will do for my basic documentaion for the new indoor Intermediate class. It's purpose after all was to encourage the building of less well documented types.  Bill can perhaps suggest whether my drawing amendments are major enough for me to need the drawing ratifying.

1. Aircraft to be modelled. Officially the Bristol Prier 'School' type single seater.
2. Drawing from 'Aeronautics' June 1912
3. Drawing after being amended by me
4. Bristol Prier Monoplane of same type, but with different tailplane and skid.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Bristol Prier 3 view drawing
Russ Lister
Free Flight Modeller .... sub 250g!
Palladium Member

Kudos: 72

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2020, 02:18:31 PM »

You could grow strawberries on those wings .... the birds ain't gettin' in with all those bracing wires!
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 56

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 02:37:57 PM »

I shouldn't worry Pete. I've just ploughed through all three pages of this new class, and I think the judges will have enough on their hands making sense of it. What is 'K' ?
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2020, 05:23:46 PM »

Thanks Bill. Here then is the plan, fresh from my PC’s printer. Just need to stick the sheets together and I’m away. (28 inch span, 1/13 scale of anyone’s wondering.)
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 56

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »

All the best models are drawn with a non-shatter school ruler.
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2020, 05:38:24 PM »

It's amazing how invincible some of that old school equipment is. I've a drawer of Unifix cubes in my classroom, still used regularly and almost certainly older than I am. I'm sure there's an aeromodelling use for it somewhere but haven't thought of it yet. Noseblocks maybe?
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Kudos: 77

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2020, 08:51:29 PM »

Pete

Don't know if you'd found this photo of the Anzani Prier. Pilot is F. W. Merrimam.   Hope it's in line with the info you already have.

Mark
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Kudos: 77

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2020, 08:56:03 PM »

Also, for those who have the Otto Kuhni plan, here's a photo of the actual airplane he drew up.  All of the modellers I've known to attempt it have assumed the "14" was black.

Mark
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2020, 03:39:22 AM »

Thanks Mark- very useful pics, especially the first one. I’ll be getting back to this at some point (right after a little Mooney distraction is out of my system!)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: