Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 05, 2020, 07:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Foam Airabonita (Bell XFL-1) - my first build in twenty yrs  (Read 797 times)
Petr P
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Czech Republic Czech Republic

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2020, 03:36:29 PM »

Cheers guys for your nice comments.

Tissue - some sort I had stockpiled decades ago, it is about 11gms per square meter. The wallpaper glue weighs almost nothing, and for filling, I use UK-manufactured white colour Deluxe brand filler called White Model Lite Lightweight Filler - really great stuff, looks and feels like almost dry toothpaste and needs to be mixed with a few drops of water before application onto the model, then it smears very easily on the surface and sands also very easily.

Prop jig - not 3D printed but made using a milling machine from design produced in 3D CAD software (Rhinoceros modeller). Yes the prop blades are rather large and with the tailfin being almost in scale, so quite small, the resulting torque might be large to prevent successful test flights. I know I possibly will have to gradually crop the blades until the beast flies…

Wing aerofoil - yep it is undercambered, I tried to sand the foam board to something looking like Benedek B6356b
This time the wing has been sanded to the shape from both top and bottom, ie. the undercamber formed by sanding rather than by bending the flat board over a bathtub edge.
The latter I think I might give a try on a next model.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Foam Airabonita (Bell XFL-1) - my first build in twenty yrs
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 188

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2020, 07:53:28 PM »

Thanks Petr. Well good luck with the trimming.

John
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: