Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 26, 2020, 09:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Electic flight timer  (Read 581 times)
timer Guy
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2020, 02:15:32 PM »

There has been much mentioned about timers from Israel and AU, but no one seems to mention the favorite timer in the US. I am the Timer Guy and owner of Texas Timers. I make the eMAX which is extremely popular and has many top wins in major contests. If you want to learn more, go to texastimers.com or email me at [email protected].  Sorry for the commercial but I was shocked to not see it mentioned all the time here. I also have a State of the Art RDT system and also carry most of the bits and pieces needed for electric from batteries to props. One stop shopping. Hank
airplay
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 12:25:22 PM »

Hank, I have 4 of your excellent Emax timers and they are very good. I also have some Forge Electronics (UK) timers from Allan Bond (lately passed ) but still produced from new owner... Do same as yours but half the price. His RDT 1,5 g gadget ( 5usd) talks to my humble Futaba Tx. But your timer is absolutely a benchmark.

Jens.
timer Guy
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 12:40:27 PM »

Thanks for the compliment. Sorry about the price. You get what you pay for, I guess. I would not waste my time in making things for the hobby if I were to sell as such a low price. People said the same about my mechanical timers until they were no longer available and then would pay any price to get one. I just looked at my total profits for last 30 years and it is a joke to think this is how I spend my retirement time! You do understand I have a lot of costs not shown in the cost of some parts to make a timer? Oh Well, such as it is.

Timer Guy
flydean1
Platinum Member

Kudos: 25

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 04:40:05 PM »

Let me also chime in.  I have used 4 different model Texas Timers over the last 20 years or so.  Never a timer malfunction.  Extremely user friendly and well made.  Worth every cent!
edhardin
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 10:18:46 AM »

I agree with Dean, Texas Timers are the best. I sold all my mechanical ones a few years back as I no longer fly
gas events. The eMax is the best electric timer in my opinion, very user friendly also worth the price. Good work
ain't cheap, and cheap work ain't good.
fred
Gold Member

Kudos: 7

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 11:37:40 AM »

Silly ?? Perhaps....But one can use an RC link to time one's Electric Motor. Easy to find a SUB 1 gram Rx unit  ~10$ too.
Add on a  Motor ESC and one has an RC controlled motor run. Simple effective and Very light.
Add a sub 2 gm servo (4$) and you can eliminate the DT timer as well.
We are well into the  21 st century.  
Avoiding current technology because: "it's not what Granpa used" ?

edhardin
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 12:45:22 PM »

RC motor run and DT are useful for test flying and sport flying. I have used both to trim my electric
contest models, but RC controlled motor run is not legal in AMA and NFFS contest events.
mick66
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 12:40:59 PM »

Yep ... Texas timers have seen me to the podium a number of times.  A little pricey yes but when figured into the overall cost/time of building, trimming, travelling, competing ... a tiny percentage in reality.

Thanks Hank.

Cheers

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: