Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 17, 2021, 08:18:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: International Indoor Fly In 2020  (Read 470 times)
BernardB
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2020, 04:15:06 PM »

Dear Flyers,

I hope all is well.

It is April already and the world is plunged in uncertain times. The UK Indoor Nationals should have been this coming weekend. So strange times until now. Also I see a lot of building activity.

The goverment in the Netherlands does quite a good job in keeping the people informed. So what does this mean for the IIFI 2020.

Until now there is no money risk for us. I got a some questions about this and the future of the event. So the event will stay healthy even if we need to cancel. Somewhere in September we need to finalize the hall reservation. Around that time we will also take a final decision at the latest. If the local or Dutch decide we can not have events during the time the IIFI is planned we will let you know as soon as possible.

We have good hope we can have the event but it can be a bit last minute with entries and registration. My tip would be to try and find hotelreservations you can cancel short before the date if needed.

The official invitation will be postponed until a later date. This does not mean you cannot enter already. I will make a online form again and post the link soon.

Any questions? Please post them or email me

Regards,

Bernard
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 12:51:13 PM »

Dear Flyers,

SARS-CoV-2 or Covid19 or known to many of you as the Corona virus has a big impact on all of us. Everywhere around us people are in lockdown, working from home or working hard in our medical centres. Positive for some is that they have a lot of time to build and some already came up with some beautiful models. Earlier this year our friends for the UK had to cancel their Nationals. Last few months we had an eye on the world and the evolution of the virus. All things where positive for a while but now we see a trend back to much cases of Corona.

So what does this mean for the IIFI in 2020?

Roel and Bernard had a talk about this years edition and the only conclusion we could come up with is to cancel the 2020 edition.
The risk of people need to be in quarantine afterwards can make people decide not to come. Because we have a lot of different nationalities coming every year, it is hard to get a feel of how many competitors will come. This means we are in a big risk financially. Then we thought about taking of a day or maybe even 2. But we want to do a full event or not one at all.

2021 edition?

We made the decision to cancel about a month ago. The hall was not a problem to cancel. But we wanted to wait and inform you until we had a date for 2021. Not to intervene in any plans for the Nationals in April or the outdoor season we will return in November. Even better news for some that we are moving back to our old weekend.

The International Indoor Fly In 2021 will be held on the 12th, 13th and 14th of November 2021.

Please stay safe and let’s hope we will have some flying fun in 2021.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Kind regards,

Bernard Bruins
Luis Bautista
Larissa Bruins
Gerard Brinks
Roel Lucassen
Gert Brendel
Wout Moerman
Nijmeegse Luchtvaart Club
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 166

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 01:54:00 PM »

Although this is a real shame, I think you’ve made absolutely the right decision. The joy of the IIFI its wonderful, stress free atmosphere and there is no way that atmosphere can happen this year. Roll on 2021 and thank you Bernard, Roel and all at the Nijmeegse Luchtvaart Club for your continued hard work to make IIFI happen! Viva the IIFI!
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 05:42:08 AM »

Yes disappointing but you had absolutely no alternative. Thank you nonetheless for all your efforts. 
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Kudos: 42

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 09:41:08 AM »

Although this is a real shame, I think you’ve made absolutely the right decision. The joy of the IIFI its wonderful, stress free atmosphere and there is no way that atmosphere can happen this year. Roll on 2021 and thank you Bernard, Roel and all at the Nijmeegse Luchtvaart Club for your continued hard work to make IIFI happen! Viva the IIFI!

I agree with everything Pete has said.

Look forward now to November 2021  Smiley
g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Kudos: 59

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 10:35:01 AM »

Already replied on FB, repetition here to support your wise and right decision...

I do have one major issue - complaint though.

By moving the comp to 2021 and giving us an extra year of preparation you deprive me (us?) of my usual excuse of lack of time for our yet untrimmed models...

Any ideas for a new excuse are most welcome...

George

scale free flight & micro RC
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 12:21:57 PM »

Already replied on FB, repetition here to support your wise and right decision...

I do have one major issue - complaint though.

By moving the comp to 2021 and giving us an extra year of preparation you deprive me (us?) of my usual excuse of lack of time for our yet untrimmed models...

Any ideas for a new excuse are most welcome...

George

Blaim the misses???
Merlinboy
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 12:23:01 PM »

Thanks for the update Bernard,

Disappointing but not a shock due to the current climate we all find ourselves in.

As others have said it means there is no excuse for us not to have models trimmed and ready to go for 2021!

Doug Hunt and I spoke recently regarding the fact that travelling together, (along with John Bowerman), to Nijmegen might be problematic due to social distancing; there is just so much to consider that a year ago wasn’t an issue. Hopefully we will be back to some form of normality in 12 months time.

Regards to Roel and his Mum as well; I will miss her amazing pumpkin soup in November!

Looking forward to catching up with you in happier and safer times!

Best wishes,

Paul.
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 12:24:57 PM »

One point I did not mention in the letter is the following:

If we would have held the event the aircon and ventillation needed to stay on at any time.

So Roel already mentioned. Then we will fly outdoor indoors...

Regards

Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: