Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
June 20, 2021, 06:33:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Went P-30 Flying (Anyone who likes to fly P-30's please post your fun here)  (Read 2193 times)
crashcaley
Palladium Member

Kudos: 243

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2009, 01:28:02 PM »

Hi Everyone, I am starting a new P-30 topic here, for those who wish to write about their P-30 flights and what happened.

I flew my NJAPF today. I brought it along in case I couldn't get my KK Senator to fly properly. Unfortunately the Senator has problems. So I broke out my NJAPF, checked the CG and found it perfect. I cranked in a test flight of 300 turns and let it go. Oooooh, so very nice and straight and a nice 20 degree climb even under such low power. It tracks under any power straight as an arrow like it is on rails.

Hmmmm, I decided to try 600 winds on the motor. Same results. Very nice straight flight under initial power and then into a nice 150 foot wide circle. This time I think the angle of climb was maybe 30 or so degrees.

This is really making me happy and calming me down after the frustration with my Senator. I decided to crank in 700 winds and the motor and let things fly. Nice straight climb out, but this time at about 40 or so degrees. I didn't time it, but it was up there well over a minute. What a nice way to end a flying session.

And on top of it all, with the breeze that was blowing, I got some nice strolls to recover the model. Cheesy
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Went P-30 Flying (Anyone who likes to fly P-30's please post your fun here)

What's stall speed?  Undecided
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 279

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 08:22:44 PM »

Way to go, gal! Grin Grin Grin
Alexandre Cruz
Bronze Member

Kudos: 11

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 07:36:01 AM »

This month I went to Joviânia, http://maps.google.com.br/maps/mm?utm_campaign=pt_BR&utm_source=pt_BR-ha-latam-br-sk-mm&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=mapas a very small town in the middle of Brazil. A friend has fantastic farm there where they seed soil bean and corn. I was nothing but impressed with the terrain. Flat, huge farms, some with a “flying area” with more than 7x3km and since there is little wind I was flying in a 3km x 2km place - fantastic.

I arrived on Thursday, a 700km trip from home so no flying was possible. Friday I flew F1G and some HLG. Saturday was the day of glory for the Saturno P30. I trained all morning with a pole and mylar and trimmed the model properly.

Me and another friend, Douglas, have identical models but trimmed a little different. It was 16:00 (it gets dark at 18:00) when we decide to fly in fly-off style. New motors on both planes, 1100 turns and off we went for a 3min max flight. I launched first, Douglas lighted his fused and launched too. Huge thermal, at 3:15 my model DTed but would not come down, 4:40 and it was on the ground, Douglas maxed too.

We then reduced to 900 turns and aimed for a 2:30 flight; both models maxed and were on the ground at 3:20, 5s from each other.

We now had to make that end: 3:30 on 800 turns, it looked impossible since climb height would be very reduced. I wound my model to 790 and gave 10 more when waiting for good air. There was very little wind, 16:40. The mylar raised a little and the model was off. A very good climb as usual, glided a little and than started not to sink nor to climb, 4:15 and my model DT over the corn field, it would fly for more two minutes if need on that height, one more max.

Douglas had problems with the rubber so he did not flew this part of the fly-off. He managed to put his model back in flying conditions and we tried a new flight 700 turns 2:30 max.

This time he launched first it was 17:20 and I launched right after. The motor run quitted at 31s and models were gliding, his model had a more tight turn and mine was hunting good air, once more both maxed. This was a very nice flight since both models were flying very nest to each other during power and than a little different during glide.

We at 17:30 a very cold wind started to blow and we decided to finish the fly-off: 2min max on 600 turns. I went first, and model drifted a long way, Douglas took his time but launched on sink. Our fly-off fun was ended; I flew for 1:29 and him 0:58.

I am really amazed how well this P30 flies and climbs even on few turns. I flew next day on the very first hour and it does 2:30 on full, 1200 turns. That was a great trip.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Went P-30 Flying (Anyone who likes to fly P-30's please post your fun here)
gossie
Platinum Member

Kudos: 50

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 08:31:20 AM »

Good story, and a nice looking model. Smiley
crashcaley
Palladium Member

Kudos: 243

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:00:24 AM »

Alexandre, Your trip and the flying sound absolutely wonderful. I am so impressed with you and your friends times. I second Gossie, a really nice looking airplane.

Caley

What's stall speed?  Undecided
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: