Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 09, 2020, 07:12:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fox screw 19/25 size  (Read 103 times)
whiskers
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »

Hi folks,

I've just acquired a pair of old Fox C/L engines. They are the 19 and 25 with the screw-on venturi. Both are in great condition complete with silencers and run really well.

I could do with a couple of muffler mounting screws (one is missing and one has a dodgy head. Can anybody advise me on what the size/thread is on these.

Thanks in advance...
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 10:11:40 AM »

Does Duke Fox still make engines like these ? If he or some one else does then maybe you can still get what you need from the company.
ffkiwi
Gold Member

Kudos: 23

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 04:07:19 PM »

Does Duke Fox still make engines like these ? If he or some one else does then maybe you can still get what you need from the company.

I don't know where you've been hiding-but Duke Fox died years ago-the company continued in business for a number of years afterwards-but has ceased engine manufacture some time ago as well. Mecoa bought up what was left of the inventory....(possibly the tooling as well-but if so they haven't made mention of the fact...)

As for the Fox 19-the screws are 3-48 thread......I get them from www.microfasteners.com           but there may be other sources.......

ChrisM
  'ffkiwi'
whiskers
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 03:18:26 AM »

Thanks ffkiwi, that's just what I needed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: