Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 07, 2020, 05:42:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 186 times)
Essem73
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2020, 12:49:59 PM »

Hi all.

I used to 'hang out' here as 'Essem73' several years ago, and I'm now back as...Essem73 again! I thought I'd introduce myself here in 'Old Time Rubber' as this is mainly where my interest lies. I write the occasional piece for the New Clarion, and after a bit of a layoff due to work, I'm returning to the fold and building again.
I live in the North East of England, (County Durham) and currently a member of SAM 1066, SAM 35 and a kind of loose association with the Novocastrians.
a Free Flight bod at heart, I like the old methods and old models.
Several of you were very helpful to me last time I was here, (PeeTee with a plan and notes for the 'Kim', and the late, great John Barker with plans and info) amongst quite a few others who took time to educate and inform me. I look forward to meeting up with you all the next sunny flying day once this current 'unpleasantness' has gone.

Best Wishes

Essem
skyrocket
Gold Member

Kudos: 28

United States United States

nothing hard is ever easy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »

"late great John Barker"Huh?...am I missing something?...did anyone report his death on this board?...his Lulu and Hep Cat are really fine flyers...
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 49

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 04:47:17 PM »

Hello Stuart, good to hear from you again!

With regard to Skyrocket's comment, Hepcat John said goodbye to us a year or so ago, it's posted here and has plenty of replies. RIP!

Peter
skyrocket
Gold Member

Kudos: 28

United States United States

nothing hard is ever easy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 08:49:32 AM »

A sad sad loss...we can't afford to lose people of that caliber from our hobby and I enjoyed my brief correspondence with him...my belated condolences to his family...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: