Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 26, 2020, 11:05:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zweibox HLG  (Read 765 times)
dosco
Gold Member

Kudos: 7

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2020, 04:25:53 PM »

It flies!!

Decided to play hooky for an hour this afternoon ... the day started drearily but at 2:30PM or so the sun peeked out and the ground was reasonably dry.

At the local soccer pitch, a few hand tosses and it looked OK for a higher powered launch. I went with maybe a 50% launch and on several tries (maybe 5) it just would not "get over the top" and would stall and zoom to the ground. On the upside, the dirt was moist so it just lawn darted. I decided to go for it and really heaved the hell out of it. Success! Pic attached is on flight #2. On flight #3 I hooked a small thermal and I was convinced it would fly away. It landed just shy of a tree and I was able to continue the fun. She is sensitive to launch conditions, if she's off kilter by a little she will veer steeply to the right and not really gain any altitude. If I launch it basically straight ahead and up, she climbs gracefully and "flips" at the top to a nice glide. She circles to the left, as designed, in about 50 foot circles.

Sweet!

-Dave

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Zweibox HLG
dosco
Gold Member

Kudos: 7

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2020, 05:32:26 PM »

Here's a cropped shot, for fun!