Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 08, 2019, 10:31:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nelson F2CN  (Read 1783 times)
grathosas
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:03:35 PM »

Anyone have any expereince in running this engines, I know it does not need a run in but what about prop sizes?
clraceguy

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »

I run one. It is the rear rotor side exhaust AAC version. For props you can use either a 6.5x5.5 or 6.5x6.0 APC. A 7x5 APC sport prop would also work. If using the current front rotor engine, they like to rev, so the APC 6.5x5.5 would be a good first choice. The Nelson likes at least 1.8% DII, so you might also try that. Start out with around a .170" dia. venturi, that should give reasonable laps to start. The biggest issue with these engines with their cylinders hanging out in the breeze in an F2CN is heat management. They cool off very quickly, so they need a proper F2C type warm-up before the start, and a minimum of glide time on the pit stop to keep the heat in.

I hope this helps you some.

regards, Les
grathosas
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »

Les,
I had given up on seeing any responses so sorry for the slow reply!! Tks for the info will try the prop sizes!! Question what is DII?
Again tks.
raglafart
Bronze Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:22 AM »

DII = Diesel Ignition Improver, it stinks and lingers, sadly essential though. You could use IPN Iso propyl nitrate at around the 1.4% much nicer smelling but more expensive and probably more difficult to obtain.
grathosas
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »

Raglafart,
Tks for the info. The more I learn the more I am beginning to believe I missed about 30 yrs!!!!

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: