Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 28, 2021, 03:47:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol F2b Fighter  (Read 327 times)
Jiri Dolezel
Copper Member

Kudos: 9

Czech Republic Czech Republic

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2021, 01:25:07 PM »

Inspiration for this project was building of the really nice Peanut my friend Rober Cok built by classic method with balsa and tissue (http://minimakety.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=948). My model was built for testing of new technology which probably invented Robert Pajas during last Christmas: imprint of small balsa piece into the surface - maybe you saw on FB in group Scale indoor free flight -UK. Yes, the wings and tail are made from blue foam covered by Plyspan, the fuselage is a classic construction. Bristol is a short type therefore is limited by lenght according rules on 152 mm. It gives the oportunity use a wingspan close to 240 mm. Final weight is 5,6 grams. The pilots are from Michal Křepelka' s workshop, made from low expansion mounting foam and foamed in a mould..
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Bristol F2b Fighter
Bristol F2b Fighter
Bristol F2b Fighter
Bristol F2b Fighter
Bristol F2b Fighter
Bristol F2b Fighter
Tim Horne
Gold Member

Kudos: 24

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 02:55:00 PM »

Quite superb Jiri. The level of detail you achieve is stunning. And the pilots are something else!
piecost
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 03:53:24 PM »

That is a stunning model.

Can you please give some detail on covering the foam? I try to understand the minimakety.cz forum using Google translate but it is not perfect.

Is plyspan another name for Esaki tissue? I understand that it is glued on with wallpaper paste. Is some extra ingredient added to the paste? Finally, is it varnished and what is it painted with?
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 166

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 04:16:36 PM »

Amazing work! But for the slight giveaway of the prop size I'd have thought this was a far bigger model!
Jiri Dolezel
Copper Member

Kudos: 9

Czech Republic Czech Republic

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 08:18:59 AM »

Thank you all.
to piecost: Yes, Plyspan is another name for Esaki tissue which is glued by mixture of Methylan+water (density like a honey) with approx. 5% of white dispersion glue. The model is airbrushed by Revell emanel colors and finally airbrushed by protective dope (Nitrocoat).
piecost
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 08:51:32 AM »

Thank you Jiri. I will try the technique.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: