Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 30, 2020, 09:08:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New F3K DLG Build  (Read 608 times)
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 71

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Jon Whitmore

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 05:42:08 AM »

...it has ailerons through the whole length of the wing...
Ah that's good. It didn't look like it had enough dihedral for R/E control.

You might find that 2o is still a bit slack for an F3K model. 6 degrees is pretty average even with ailerons. The reason for this is mostly for efficiency in tight thermal turns.
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 186

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 06:38:47 PM »

I agree with Jon - 2 deg dihedral is low even with ailerons. The F3B models I flew had powerful roll response but also had around 3 deg dihedral to help with thermalling. Even with 3 deg - they still needed a lot of pilot input to maintain balanced thermal turns - especially tight turns.

The current F5J models also have low dihedral - relatively but manage small diameter thermal turns mainly due to their low wing loading and thus highly banked turns are not generally needed.

F3K gliders catch smaller core thermals much lower for which tight efficient banked turns assisted by sufficient dihedral, are beneficial.

John
egejce
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 12:43:45 AM »

Hi guys,
I was measuring the dihedral on each wing, overall betwin the wings is about 4 degris.
I was sending the wings for angle about 6 degrees, but when gluing them together somehow thay fit better at this angle. Something I did wrong vhen sending them.
I know that probably the plane will need little more control input while flying.
Let me try it first and I will get back to you how it handles.

Best regards
Vasil
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 186

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2020, 04:36:28 AM »

Deleted as i didn't read your post properly.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: