Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 25, 2021, 11:28:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New to P30, need best source for 9.5” props P30 and smaller, not P30 airplanes  (Read 248 times)
PantherM100
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »

Hi Guys:
Can someone point me to a supplier or
2, for P30 Props and Gizmo Geezer assemblies.
I see numbers of people using “Orange” Chinese
Props.  What are my options.
Sincerely,
Jon B. Shereshaw
Crabby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 141

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 06:37:53 PM »

Hi Jon
I have been getting my stuff at https://volareproducts.com/wordpress/        the gizmo geezer is worthy of a Nobel Prize. Rubber I get from FAI, as well as the mylar, but I am a creature of habit. George Bredehoft runs Volare and he is also a big contributor here. Good luck! I just started P-30 myself.

The Threadkiller!
Bredehoft
Platinum Member

Kudos: 57

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 06:52:25 PM »

Yes, you can get stuff from me.  I have Czech and Chinese P-30 props, plus Gizmo Geezer 9.5" assemblies suitable and legal for P-30.  I also sell the rubber and streamers mentioned (same stuff from FAI).

--george

calgoddard
Platinum Member

Kudos: 29

AMA, NFFS & FAC Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 10:40:46 AM »

PantherM100 -

As a long time customer of Volare Products I can confirm that George sells excellent kits, parts and supplies at very reasonable prices.  His service is first rate.

Since you are new to the P-30 event, I highly recommend the short kit for the Square Eagle P-30 which was recently re-introduced into the marketplace by Volare Products. It is a classic design from 1977 which is easy to build and flies very well. See the attached picture.

I won the first P-30 contest I entered with my Square Eagle P-30 flying against very seasoned fliers.

Here is a link to the Square Eagle P-30 kit on the Volare Products web site:

https://volareproducts.com/blog/?product=square-eagle-p-30-short-kit

I recommend you purchase the option that includes the Gizmo Geezer (GG) prop assembly.

For the record, I was not asked to post this recommendation and received no compensation for the same  Smiley

PS - I have essentially tried every legal P-30 prop (except for the rare German Modella prop) and it is hard to discern a difference in performance.  They vary in pitch, pitch distribution, blade shape and weight. The heaviest is the orange Chinese prop.  I recently built a sub-40 gram P-30 that will require a little ballast. I purposely picked a very low pitch Peck prop for this model since I plan to fly the long motor run strategy with a 6 x 3/32-inch rubber motor.  I do not recommend this strategy for beginners.  Use the standard 6 x 1/8-inch rubber motor with a GG prop assembly so that you can easily make thrust line adjustments during the trimming process and have fool-proof free wheeling of the prop during the glide. The thicker motor will give you a rapid climb when wound to near breaking torque if your P-30 is properly trimmed.

Good luck. You will love the P-30 event, whatever design you end up building and flying. I think I have ten P-30 models.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: New to P30, need best source for 9.5” props P30 and smaller, not P30 airplanes
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:07:36 AM by calgoddard » Logged
randoloid
Silver Member

Kudos: 9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 12:10:04 PM »

Nothing against the other suppliers but I too would like to give an unsolicited plug for George with Volare Products.  He is constantly expanding/innovating his product lines and his passion for this hobby is apparent.  He's always provided me with great support / customer service.  I'm also excited about his release of the square eagle and will be purchasing the kit and Gizmo prop combo.
Greg Langelius
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 12:49:38 PM »

Another vote for George at Volare. Fast and courteous service.

Greg Langelius

New knowledge is found by re-examining old assumptions.
faif2d
Platinum Member

Kudos: 32

Sun came up I was here to see it = good day

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 04:41:12 PM »

I can agree whole heartily agree with Volare as a company.  It has been a joy to deal with them.

I used to like painting with dope but now I can't remember why!    Steve Fauble
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: