Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 08, 2021, 02:29:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Wasp - 1935 Canadian Wakefield Winner  (Read 1816 times)
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 189

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2021, 04:35:26 AM »

That's pretty neat Larry - almost home and hosed Smiley

John
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 44

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2021, 06:18:33 PM »

Finally got the stab on. First, I filled in the top of the rear of the fuselage. This made a small platform, but when I put the stab on I thought it wasn't stable enough and could possible rock a little. Another problem was that the rudder didn't stay centered and could move around a little, depending on the positioning of the rubber bands. Both of these things are really bad. So, first I put a little 'key' protruding from the bottom of the stab to keep everything centered, I also put a little sheet in the front to make a sturdy mount, first photo. So that keeps the rudder nice and centered with no moving around. Then I made a 1/32" ply platform, stab sits on that nice and sturdy, second photo, I tapered it to fit the stab shape. The toothpick by the way is temporary, I just slip those in so that I can rubber band on the stab and test it, I leave off the dowels until after it's covered, and the toothpicks are slightly smaller than the dowel so its still a nice tight fit. Final photo shows the stab/fin on the new mount, nice and sturdy and I can shim the stab if need be. Next I have to put in the rear peg mount and stuff for the servo and equip and it will finally be done and ready to cover!
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: The Wasp - 1935 Canadian Wakefield Winner
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: