Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 18, 2022, 11:55:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P30 Postal ?  (Read 1605 times)
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 280

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2021, 12:57:50 PM »

Are multiple entries allowed (meaning: if I submit a score, can I try to improve it then later)?

At the cost of losing initial score, of course.

No restriction to one  airplane, though.   Separate scores welcomed in that instance
applehoney
Titanium Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2021, 09:37:14 PM »

e:   International Postal Competition. July 1/21 to Feb 28/22
Greetings to all!   It is now just over four months since I invited participation in this event for P30s plus supporting classes for Classic 1/2A and  KK Senator.  A lot of positive comment was forthcoming but entries to date have been a little sparse in comparison even though much of favourable northern hemisphere flying opportunity is fading.
To some extent I have been remiss in  not encouraging members of groups to fly but I have had very little time to spend in same or on modelling affairs in general.  Three weeks after announcement of the  postal my old beloved station-wagon was T-boned by a motorist running a red light and written off as a total loss.  My wife had to be cut out and even now is still engaged in intensive therapy, so I trust you will understand my general lack of Postal enthusiasm  in the interim. 
I thank all who touched base and also  those who  have sent scores, whose numbers I trust will yet be swelled by others from Southern climes.   Remember that scores are acceptable from any time in the July-February period so existing sets of times from any contest or flying sequence are valid, as are multiple entries where different models were flown.   As said initially I have not been active in the group of late and time is still limited;  I request anyone who may have left me comments or scores therein to please advise me direct at [email protected] and use that email for more to follow.....  says he hopefully .... lol        Competition rules also available.   Good flying, wherever in the world you might be.       Jim Moseley

PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 53

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2021, 03:46:41 AM »

Jim, sorry to hear about the prang you suffered and hope that your wife continues to improve.

Peter
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

United States United States

AMA and Flying Aces Club Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2021, 12:27:56 PM »

Count me in also. Hope the wife continues to improve. Now I have a reason to take my Souper P-30 out flying.
skyrocket
Gold Member

Kudos: 32

nothing hard is ever easy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2021, 10:36:40 AM »

Just heard about your wreck...hope Janet is doing better now...we have been out of touch for way too long and I hope to see you next year at Geneseo...tell her we are thinking about her...
applehoney
Titanium Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2022, 10:19:48 AM »

Just a gentle reminder that the Postal closes February 28th.   Scores returned by March 14th, please.

jjmosele[email protected]
applehoney
Titanium Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2022, 05:00:05 PM »

International Postal Contest.
My thanks to all who supported the postal.  I was surprised that the Classic 1/2A brought no interest and  the KK Senator attracted only two flyers but ....  so be it.    P30 brought a relatively modest return considering the general popularity of the class but the scores indicate dedication and enjoyment for all.
Ian Haigh excelled in posting maximums!  He lives on a small farm and took advantage of conditions on several occasions to fly a total of 13 before eventually dropping one. Outstanding, Ian !
Caleb Finn was among those who flew triple max's, a very good time for a 6 year old lad.  Not to be outdone, brother Paul (3 years) obviously showed that he'd mastered the launch of a rubber model;   well done, both !
Michael Jester made but two flights with his alternative model, initially losing it on the second flight.  Eventually located after a four hour search and too tired to continue with a final flight.  My thanks to all who flew and enjoyed themselves.     Jim
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: P30 Postal ?
Re: P30 Postal ?
cvasecuk
Gold Member

Kudos: 16

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2022, 08:16:54 AM »

Thanks for running this Jim, even though the weather was so bad right through the winter that I couldn't find a flyable day! I think I'll have to spend next winter in Victoria. Those times are amazing.
Ron
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

AMA and Flying Aces Club Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2022, 10:49:10 AM »

Please run it another year if possible. I would sure like to give it a try.   Have a nice day Jim
Greg Langelius
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2022, 12:56:54 PM »

What about .020's in 1/2A?

Greg

New knowledge is found by re-examining old assumptions.
applehoney
Titanium Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2022, 03:41:49 PM »

For what purpose, Greg?     .020's have own class in 1/4A,  is it flown at all these days?   It seemed to fade out from the NY scene quite some years ago.

Jim

flydean1
Platinum Member

Kudos: 30

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2022, 10:25:54 PM »

I think it was 2004, my grandson and I went on our first trip to Muncie for the NATS.  He had built a T-Bird with a Tee Dee .020 for 1/4A Nostalgia.  We never thought about 1/2A.  He placed in the upper third in the results flying against adults.  Viewing the NATS results later in the Digest we discovered his time would have won 1/2A Classic.  The next two years he entered both Classic and AMA Gas, winning both, and the following year, he won Classic and placed high in AMA.
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 40

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2022, 09:13:20 PM »

For what purpose, Greg?     .020's have own class in 1/4A,  is it flown at all these days?   It seemed to fade out from the NY scene quite some years ago.

Jim

To increase the number of contestants.
Greg Langelius
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2022, 01:57:35 PM »

For what purpose, Greg?     .020's have own class in 1/4A,  is it flown at all these days?   It seemed to fade out from the NY scene quite some years ago.

Jim

I see the .049 displacement as an upward motor size limit; but see no lower limit. There's little, IMHO, to disqualify smaller planes with fine designs for .020.

Winning is not my ultimate goal.

BTW, I now reside in SE Arizona.

Then, there's the PAL Infant .020 that my Brother Bob and his Sons Rob and Eric, and Friends (Dave Acton, for one) had essentially recreated. I bought and have have two of them NIB, and would like to honor him by using them for something a bit more serious than tootling around in a Dakota. That's IF I ever get them that far...

Another project on the board is to develop a design for a rubber powered 1/24 Ki-100, for which I cannot find any plans. There are more 1/24 designs for Allied planes than for Axis, and some of those are pretty neato airplanes. This model could be relatively easily made up by converting a Ki-61 plan; which was the original's starting point, and is mine, too.

Greg
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 02:17:23 PM by Greg Langelius » Logged

New knowledge is found by re-examining old assumptions.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: