Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 07, 2021, 01:27:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1/4scale Stitts Skybaby....  (Read 478 times)
kaintuck
Gold Member

Kudos: 8

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2021, 11:49:48 AM »

I started this kit months back, for a buddy. It was a fleabay purchase, and had some of the fuse started....just enough that in shipping got tore to shreds. The wings are build and covered, and getting back it it, here's the progress on the fuse. Motor mounted, and now getting that fat ol cowling fit. I will make it removable with 2 nylon bolts. This kit was the same fellow that did the Lazy Bees, Clancy. Nice kit, to bad he stopped producing them, she's super light, built like a rubber band jobber....all the weight is from the wheels, battery and motor Cool
I'm going to finish her in the scale starburst white/red. And yes, that electric motor with its prop was tried just a minute ago for thrust....not a lot of prop clears that cowl!....but enough to almost hold her mid air.....
If you find one for sale, she's a booger to build, but super cute as a lil fatty.....and this one is going to a 1/4 scale meet when done....just to ruffle feathers!!!!! Cheesy
https://ibb.co/vD5yrrz
Marc
1/4scale Stitts Skybaby....
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 192

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 02:54:05 AM »

Certainly different Marc Smiley

John
kaintuck
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 04:38:44 PM »

https://ibb.co/tKXLqb9

Fat baby.....
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 10:10:30 AM »

That red is vibrant Marc - wild!

John
kaintuck
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 08:00:50 AM »

https://ibb.co/7zJ2bpw

Progress on the Stitts....covering morning yesterday...I only work 3days a week now, still take call tho, and it was a LONG wednesday! 5am till midnight... Undecided so it keeps da burnt me out...no as young as I used to be...
This Stitts is a Clancy aviation kit, a very nice kit, 20+ yrs old, AJ bought it off fleabay 20 yrs ago...and it's been stored. He asked to complete it, and she's almost done. I will have to get Callie graphics to all that lettering...
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 03:16:13 AM »

Neat!

John
Tiger Tim
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 02:30:34 AM »

Looks great so far!  I’ve seen that plan online and long been tempted to do one for indoor.  Who wouldn’t want to fly indoor quarter scale?
kaintuck
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 05:45:24 PM »

It's built light enuff....a indoor quarter scale would work...and with very little deviation from the standard plans!
Tail feathers need less wood, wing saddles could use thinner wood, tissue covering, and those wheels....use blue foam wheels!
The front plastic nose piece and windshield should be thinner....in the kit, those pieces are part of the structure support strength. But for a rubber job, not needed.
As she sits, 910gm, and I didn't use light weight wheels!...she's ready to fly, only graphics is holding her back....and guts to fly her! Tongue

I would love to see you build a rubber job, and show up at a indoor meet!!!...old Clancy would love to see that too...and I have both his number and sons number to text pictures of his birds.....

Marc
Tiger Tim
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 01:32:17 PM »

So... did you fly it yet?

If I ever do one for indoor it would probably be 3 channel RC, likely with 2s brushless power either turning a six inch prop with great fury or some Frankenstein’d gearbox made out of small helicopter parts turning a larger prop.  Heck, if the weight could be kept down it could probably be blown up to 1/3 scale.  That’s still only around a three foot wingspan...
kaintuck
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »

Tim....we haven't flown her yet....the owner hasn't picked her up. She's ready to maiden, but he works at GM, and they are working him 7 days a week....even tho GM has car 'parks' everywhere down here. Seems they can't getcomputer chips, so the cars are made, then parked...THOUSANDS of them...in every lot, empty factory lots....all at about 10" apart.
Is getting nice weather here.....maybe soon he will fly it....I think she will swap ends in a heartbeat tho......
Marc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: