Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 16, 2021, 09:47:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Air Youth of America--Comet AYA No. 4  (Read 148 times)
flyfac
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2021, 06:17:11 PM »

Hi All,

Building another Comet Pepper from the excellent Volare short kit.  As George notes, the Pepper was originally, AYA #5, one of five Comet models offered with the Air Youth of America.  Plan graphics include the AYA logo.  Megow also offered AYA models, such as the Commercial and Junior Commercial.

While I've found plans for the other Comet models offered in the AYA series, I've come up empty in a search for AYA Comet No. 4.  You can see it here on page 14 of this 1941 Comet catalog: 

https://0201.nccdn.net/1_2/000/000/0b5/81f/1941-Comet-Catalog.pdf

It was a relatively generic fuselage model with a 25" span--seems like a plan should still be somewhere out there.

Anyone have this one in their files?

Best,

Scot Dobberfuhl
Forest Grove, OR
djdriscoll
Nickel Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 06:39:54 PM »

Scott:

Duncan McBride alerted me to your post.  I looked for a long time for this plan.  Thanks to a note from Mike Welshans, I secured an original Comet kit for this model on ebay, but it is in sad condition.  My intention is to restore the plan and build the model as part of a planned article on Air Youth of America for either Max Fax or FAC News.  The plan and printwood should be part of the article.  I hope to get to this in the near future.  

Dan Driscoll
Naples, FL
flyfac
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 08:39:11 PM »

My intention is to restore the plan and build the model as part of a planned article on Air Youth of America for either Max Fax or FAC News.  The plan and printwood should be part of the article.  I hope to get to this in the near future.  

Dan Driscoll
Naples, FL

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm glad there's at least one extant copy of the plan out there.  I'll keep my powder dry and look forward to seeing it in the pages of MaxFax or the FACN at some point in the future!

I did find the Megow AYA #4--do you already have that plan?

Best,

Scot
djdriscoll
Nickel Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 11:17:41 PM »

Yes, I did build the Megow AYA #4 years ago and still have it in beat up condition.  I never could get it to fly more than 45-60 seconds. 
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Air Youth of America--Comet AYA No. 4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: