Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2021, 01:50:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New motor option?  (Read 279 times)
Knightflyer
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2021, 06:50:00 PM »

Okay, came across this whilst looking for a geared motor on Amazon. I was looking for the likes of the 820 geared jobs you see on banggood. But accidentally found this.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B092PYJ976/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_PS4BP39FD1K768VEMTCE

1200 rpm, less than 2grams. Think it might work?
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
New motor option?
ghcrash
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 11:14:40 PM »

Might work for what?    The motor in the link is a double reduction with an overall reduction around 25:1.   That means you would need a large diameter high pitch prop to make it usable for even small, one ounce or less, planes.  Another problem is that there is no bearing where the shaft leaves the case which means that the prop will always wobble.

But, I have used these planetary reduction motors on less than ten gram capacitor powered free flight planes with some success. but mostly with the single reduction 5:1 version of the motor.

George
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 38

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 10:01:58 PM »

If you were electrifying an old time rubber model, the big prop would look right. A prop saver might be required to save the shaft.
Knightflyer
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 10:42:32 PM »

Sorry, I should have specified that I was thinking of dime scale, probably capacitor power supply.
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 77

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Jon Whitmore

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 06:17:27 AM »

I suspect you would have more success and less frustration with a proven gearbox and prop combo like these:
https://micronwings.com/Products/SectionGeardrives/index.shtml

A Parkzone spare 6mm or 7mm motor/gearbox bits would probably fly a dimer ok too, depending on weight and prop size.
strat-o
Gold Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 02:07:53 PM »

I think it could certainly be made to work.  The challenge would be to find the right prop.  If I'm not mistaken, 1,200 R.P.M is a bit faster than a typical dimescale rubber powered model?  (Anyone with any experience measuring rubber rpm?)  So you would probably need a prop with a bit lower pitch and a bit lower diameter than a rubber model. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: