Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 20, 2022, 03:21:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Waco SRE by Earl Stahl  (Read 1084 times)
marcin_pl
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Poland Poland

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »

Time for covering. I used Esaki tissue for the first time. It's different than a material being selled in Poland under a name "japanese tissue". "Our" japanese tissue is more porous, with distinctive fibers. It has no wet strenght and is shrinked by a shrinking dope.
Esaki was a new experience to me so before putting it on the model I made some test frames. I was afraid of a shrinking force, which could deform delicate structures. After the tests I decided to use Esaki on stronger parts: fuselage and wings and a thinner Kashmir tissue on the stabilizers. Esaki was shrinked with water from atomizer (I was a bit afraid of it but it went OK). All parts got two layers of mixture of 50:50 shrinking and non-shrinking dope.
So far so good and now all the elements except the fuselage are attached to a building board for at least a week.

Marcin
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Waco SRE by Earl Stahl
marcin_pl
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Poland Poland

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »

I prefer to trim my models by setting a horizontal stab angle. Typically I use small slivers of ply, balsa or cardboard and put them under leading or trailing edge of the stab respectively. But after reading MKelly build log about his Waco I decided to use his idea of a "regulator" with a small plastic screw. It turned out easier than expected and works brilliant! Additional weight can be neglected but a stab angle can be set with stellar accuracy.

Marcin
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Waco SRE by Earl Stahl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: