Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
June 23, 2021, 02:41:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: butyrate over nitrate for a little extra shrink  (Read 123 times)
DougFunny
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »

Will adding a coat of butyrate over an already nitrate doped tissue surface make the tissue tighten up any more? I have a few small wrinkles on a covering job I’d like to clear up. I’m familiar with what butyrate alone will do, but I’ve never tried adding over nitrate.
packardpursuit
Platinum Member

Kudos: 45

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 03:44:48 PM »

Good question!

Not sure that  "more shrink" is the answer, to your specific issue. Can your structure take the additional stress? Can one assume that  more shrink will address the problem... or will, more likely, make it worse?

Wrinkles in covering are, more often than not, the result of incomplete  adhering (before shrinkage) or minor to substantial structural failure, occurring below the covering, BECAUSE of  shrinkage ultimately applied.

There seems to be a great number of people that believe that more dope can and will remove minor wrinkles. In my experience, its pretty much wishful thinking and an exercise in futility.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: