Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 20, 2022, 04:13:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Something strange on the building board (New Build Diary)  (Read 1235 times)
JeffS_NC
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2021, 12:29:09 PM »

To flydean1: Had my name and address and phone number on it. Good idea about the REWARD part. Didn't think about that...

To dosco: I agree it was rather satisfying watching it climb and go OOS... Then it dawned on me... I'm most likely NOT going to be getting that back! Actually this motivates me even more because this was a plane of my own design, and if it went OOS on only 300 winds, must mean I am on to something! LOL!

To lincoln: Yep! Want to make it lighter so that I can put an RC setup on it! Several reasons... It will be fun to fly an RC rudder only rubber powered plane, and I think it just might work as a great DT that I can determine if and when it does the DT thing in competition! Just hope that it would be legal... Don't think it will be a problem as long as the judges see that all I am doing is using it for a remote DT and not trying to alter the flight pattern at all.

billdennis747
Palladium Member

Kudos: 69

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2021, 01:08:51 PM »

Good idea about the REWARD part. Didn't think about that...
Not really. "Any expenses will be reimbursed" is better
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 38

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2021, 02:18:13 PM »

I suggest reading the rules, but I imagine if you put the rudder on a switch, that might satisfy some concerns.

Don't be surprised if you DO get the model back.

At a young and impressionable age, I was exposed to the April, 1971 AAM, which had an article about single channel aerobatics. I suppose your model won't have QUITE enough power for that unless you make a second nose block with a motor in it.
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2021, 10:58:40 AM »

While many people prefer attaching tissue to balsa wood frames with glue stick, I have not had good results with glue stick. Inevitably some areas of the tissue do not adhere well when I use glue stick, regardless of the brand of glue stick and regardless of the amount I apply. Also, glue stick may not be water soluble, so it is not as easy to recover the frames compared to frames that have tissue adhered with thinned white glue.

One very important thing about covering with gluestick is making sure to let it dry long enough. I go for a minimum of 5 hours and prefer to let it set overnight if practical. I use rubbing alcohol for removal.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 11:53:01 AM by Bargle » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: