Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 07, 2021, 12:58:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Saturno v3.6  (Read 161 times)
JeffS_NC
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2021, 06:00:24 PM »

Got one of the Saturno v3.6 laser cut kits from Josh at J&H Aerospace (jhaerospace.com), designed by Alexandre Cruz, and have been putting it together in between working on my own design P-30, Top Fool Dragster (https://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=26291.0). Awesome design, great kit, and light! Fuselage is 8.187 grams, Wing is 9.500 grams, Stabilizer is 2.484 grams, Pylon is 1.972 grams, Rudder is 1.473 grams. Still need to add a couple of little parts and put a DT on it. The only change I made to the plane was to move one of the smaller square nose blocks to the outside of the nose so that I can put a rubber band on it. I did make one mistake, and I screwed up on the center wing panel trailing edges and put the wrong ones on the wrong sides. Totally wonderful plane, HIGHLY recommend it, can't wait to get it covered and start making trim flights with it!
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Saturno v3.6
Saturno v3.6
JeffS_NC
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 11:20:14 AM »

All covered up now, and waiting for a day that isn't raining to go and make a few trim flights. Really pleased with how this came out! Used .5 laminating film on the wing and the stabilizer, and used cheap dollar store tissue with 3 coats of dope on the fuse. Ready to go weight minus the DT fuse and the motor, 41.586. Nice! Went with the pop off wing setup on this, taking Josh's recommendation. Awesome kit, great design, and I can't wait to get it into the air! OK, back to TFD now...
Jeff
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Saturno v3.6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: