Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 18, 2022, 12:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wood Butcher attempts A6  (Read 988 times)
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 44

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2021, 04:14:59 PM »

Yes, my blades are .01 as well, I've had pretty good success with the two shown in the photo below, one has all the area in front of the spar, and the second has a little bit behind as well, it's been difficult to decide between these two, they both give a good amount of flare. So yes, I don't think you really need to do the 'not attached to the spar' thing for F1L.

A6 is another story, they flare but not as much as I'd like. Photo shows the prop I've been using the most, just a slight mod of your prop Olbill with the .020" bass spars at right angles, makes it easy to drill the hook hole and the hook snuggles into the V cross-section. I could modify one of these by just making a little slit in the back where the blade attaches, similar to Rey's, though I'll probably wait to hear his report first!

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Wood Butcher attempts A6
Olbill
Titanium Member

Kudos: 72

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2021, 07:31:44 PM »

I sandwich the prop shaft between the spars. Your props look very nice.
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 44

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2021, 08:12:20 PM »

Yes, I've done it that way as well, photos attached, in the bottom prop, there's an overlap of the spars (easy), in the top one it's one piece that I drilled (not easy). I've been doing the cross-bar approach lately shown above because it sits nice and so is easy to drill, plus the bent wire sits nice in the cradle. Also, with the cross-bar, the blades basically sit flat on the spar if you use a 45 degree angle, which is nice (I've been using a 50 lately, so it's just at a slight angle).
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
dohrmc
Gold Member

Kudos: 24

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2021, 08:18:11 PM »

It flies!  Not very well, but more development is needed- a bigger rudder for sure.  It tends to Dutch roll.  I did not put in many winds, but will take it slow getting it to work.
dohrmc
Gold Member

Kudos: 24

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2021, 08:37:36 PM »

Oops, something went wrong, can’t get video to come out right

Here is a short clip of remodeled A6. Tip plates removed, weight has reduced to a manageable level.  I believe the tip plates may have been misaligned, causing the rear end of the model to do the Mambo.

It is flying much better now on these low turns.

https://youtu.be/Ee2tmQQDZLs

Hope this works!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: