Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 20, 2022, 02:30:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Indoor Free Flight Performance Flying at the TVAC  (Read 231 times)
Edgeworm
Copper Member

Kudos: 1

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2021, 05:17:33 AM »

Hi,

Just to let everyone know about the monthly indoor free flight performance flying sessions held at the Thames Valley Athletics Centre (TVAC) at Datchet, near Eton/Slough. The site has excellent air conditions with an effective ceiling of just below 30ft. These sessions are organised by the BMFA Indoor Tech Committee and are for practice flying of the performance classes such as F1D, F1M, F1R, F1L, penny plane, Legal Eagle etc... (no scale other than No Cal). Dates for upcoming sessions are typically defined a couple of months in advance, so it's best to be on Tony Hebb's TVAC e-mail list if you would like to attend. Contact details for Tony can be found at:

https://indoorduration.bmfa.uk/information/indoor-duration-flying-groups

The indoor duration website has now been migrated into the larger BMFA site under 'Technical Committees' and then 'Indoor'. There is a wealth of useful information there for those starting out. Covid has had a significant impact on attendance, as the 2020 lockdown broke the design-build-fly cycle which keeps people involved. We really could do with some more people if the scene is to remain active. What we do is not impossible!

During the winter, the athletes tend to book up the hall so the flying sessions are organised mid-week. During the summer, these sessions are usually held on a Sunday. Typically, the sessions are 10am to 5pm, or 9am to 4pm.

Attached are some photos from the autumn/ winter sessions so far. These show Dave Whitehouse's new F1M, my new Manhattan cruising round near the roof beams and my first F1D about to be launched. (photo Hans Staartjes).

Cheers,

Meredith

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Indoor Free Flight Performance Flying at the TVAC
piecost
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 01:01:36 PM »

I can vouch for these sessions being excellent. The poeple are very friendly and are a wealth of information for anyone wishing to get into indoor duration.
WayneB
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 05:58:28 AM »

I was lucky to attend as a spectator to I believe the November meeting at TVAC. I stood and watched the indoor stuff totally amazed like 5 year old with my mouth open. Having never seen indoor duration up close before, I could not believe that a model could fly that slowly.
The guy’s were very friendly & helpful and encouraged you to build something to fly. Brilliant and I hope to attend again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: