Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 27, 2022, 03:47:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Speed plans/pan sizes basics  (Read 375 times)
ksn3n3
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2021, 05:03:28 PM »

Hello, speed newbie here.  Been flying CL since the 70s but have not flown speed.  I recently bought some vintage speed pans and am planning on doing some building.  Several of the pans are a Harters and labeled 1/2A,A,B,C on the package.  The pan is about 20 inches long, much larger than the B or D pans I also got, so asuming this is a C pan.  Looking at vintage plans, most seem to be B class.  If I enlarge those plans to fit thr length of this pan, the model looks way too large.  Especially compare to the Top Cat plans which fit the D pan exactly.  I hate to cut down this NOS pan, but not sure if thats the expectation. I did find the Needlenose plans on the site whihc fit this pan exactly and has a very short span, around 20 inches. Still in the plans ordering stage.  Lots of nice plans on the site and probably going to build a Mad John, Lil Dynamite or New Devil.  Any suggestions appreciated.
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

United States United States

AMA and Flying Aces Club Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 09:01:55 PM »

You might ask someone who sells plans from the Academy of Model Aeronautics up in Muncie, Indiana .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: