Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 20, 2022, 02:21:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Indoor Free Flight Performance Flying Sessions at TVAC Dates for 2022  (Read 113 times)
Edgeworm
Copper Member

Kudos: 1

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2022, 02:07:33 PM »

Hi All,

A new indoor free flight performance flying session at TVAC has been confirmed for 12th January (Wednesday) 10:00 to 16:00. These monthly sessions during the winter tend to be mid-week because the athletes book up the hall at the weekend when it's cold! During the summer months, these sessions are usually on Sundays.

These sessions are aimed at the indoor free flight performance model classes such as : F1D, F1L, F1M, F1R (& entry level 35cm), Limited Penny Plane, Legal Eagle (or Osprey), Gymanie Cricket, Living room stick and No-Cal Scale. If you wish to attend, it's a good idea to get on Tony Hebb's mailing list; although I'll try to post upcoming dates here you can find contact details for Tony at:

https://indoorduration.bmfa.uk/information/indoor-duration-flying-groups

Further dates (TBC) are 16th Feb and 16th March.

It would be great to see some new faces.

Happy New Year

Meredith
piecost
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 03:30:31 PM »

Further information from Meredith;

TVAC is Thames Valley Athletics Centre near Eton school.

Ceiling height is just less than 10m.

Coffee is available but food is not.

The cost varies depending on the number of participants between £20 to £30 typically.

Bring your own table and chair

Cheers

Tim

Edgeworm
Copper Member

Kudos: 1

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 02:40:48 PM »

Notes on the Latest TVAC Meeting on 12th Jan 2022

The cold weather (12 deg C in the hall) and mid week date kept the attendance small but keen for January's TVAC meeting. This was largely a F1D training session for 2/3 of the UK team, plus 'hangers on'. It was particularly exciting for me as it was my first F1D flying session with a VP prop. The model was flying okay on fixed pitch and took well to VP operation after some setup help from Tony Hebb. Eventually we get things cornered and got some reasonable times for a model that is 10% overweight. All I have to do now is shed the extra milligrams and I should be competing for a team place.

We were joined by Terry Masters and John Marr who arrived to spectate after reading about these sessions on Hippocketaeronautics. I hope we put on a show for them despite the cold. For light relief between F1D flights, Tony Hebb and Bob Bailey were flying their Limited Penny Planes. These were two examples of the same design by Bob, which won this class in the UK Nationals last year. The BMFA Indoor Tech Committee are hoping to have kits prepared of this design to help introduce new blood into the indoor free flight performance scene.

The attached Pictures:

Pic1 - Tony Hebb's F1D with new low-dihedral wing showed promise when he wasn't sidetracked into helping me.

Pic2 - Bob Bailey launching his LPP near the floor to get the best possible time

Pic3 - Bob's LPP in flight

Pic4 - Tony Hebb's version of Bob's LPP cruises near the ceiling
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Indoor Free Flight Performance Flying Sessions at TVAC Dates for 2022
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: