Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 07, 2022, 04:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UK F1D Testing and Excellence Session  (Read 275 times)
Edgeworm
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2022, 03:36:29 PM »

On Sunday 6th Feb, a Testing and Excellence session was held for UK F1D flyers at the Bushfields Leisure Centre in Peterborough. This was basically a dedicated session for UK F1D Team members and other F1D 'old hands' to share their knowledge with up-and-coming F1D flyers, myself included. The Bushfields site had a 4ft lower ceiling than our more usual TVAC venue, but it was fairly uncluttered with almost flush heater and light panels. You could get away with a few bumps against the ceiling, but hang-ups were possible on the cricket net rails.

The newer F1D flyers were Dave Whitehouse, Tim Milner and myself. Tony and Hans from the UK Team were there to help, along with Bob Bailey and Martin Judge. The more experienced flyers were also there for their own development work along with helping us; so things quickly evolved into alternate flights between expert and pupil. All the newer guys got their models trimmed out and working well. I think I've pretty well got out everything from my first F1D, which flies a good pattern and has an effective VP setup, thanks to some advice from Tony and Bob. Further progress will rely upon getting the weight down 10% without sacrificing stiffness.

A good time was had by all, with a further session planned for mid-March.

Pic1     Dave Whitehouse loads the motor onto his model
Pic2     Tony Hebb's model climbs away
Pic3     Dave's model approaches the ceiling
Pic4     My model cruises at height

Meredith

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
UK F1D Testing and Excellence Session
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print