Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 18, 2022, 12:40:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COSMO R-2 Kit  (Read 263 times)
kennybflyin
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2022, 04:30:52 PM »

The R-2 kit produced by Cosmo Wood Craft Model Company.  The only mention I found on the internet was a YouTube of a couple out flying an Cosmo R-1, which looked like the R-2 in my hand. At a distance one might think it were a Jim Walker Pursuit, a simple single stick fuse rubber model from the 1950’s. One of the big differences is that the flying surfaces are built up using ribs and thin strands of bamboo, then covered with preprinted tissue paper in precut sections. This is not a “open-the-box, slip-the-wings-and-tail-into-their-proper-slots, add-the-rubber-motor-and-go-flying” type airplane like the Pursuit. The Pursuit was not supplied with full size construction plans and was not a fragile tissue covered model. But it was the first rubber-powered airplane I got to fly as a kid. Now as an old man I am wondering if there is anyone out there who knows more about the R-1 or the R-2 from Cosmo Wood Craft Model Company.

kennybflyin
kennybflyin
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 09:52:11 AM »

And here is a picture of the general structure……. kennybflyin
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: COSMO R-2 Kit
kennybflyin
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 02:50:01 PM »

The goal is to make her fly again. But first, all of that old paper has got to go.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: COSMO R-2 Kit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: