Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 19, 2022, 01:16:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Skybird II  (Read 788 times)
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

United States United States

AMA and Flying Aces Club Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2022, 11:49:38 AM »

Ok Victor I hope to meet you next month at Kitty Hawk Field. Please bring the other models you have finished . We like to watch good flyers.  Allen
VictorY
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2022, 05:10:19 PM »

I hope to be there. But after thinking long and hard about driving for a living, I decided to make a change in career paths and get behind the parts counter instead of sharing the road for 40+hours a week with crazy people while delivering them. So I will be low man in the pecking order and working evenings and weekends for a while. Maybe after the boss sees that I'm in it for the long haul, he will give me the privilege of scheduling off one Sat a month.
semeraro
Bronze Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2022, 01:07:00 PM »

Hey Victor, Great looking ship. Im starting on my go devil this week. So did you preshrink the tissue before application? The covering job looks top notch.

Dave
VictorY
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2022, 03:41:51 PM »

Thank you sir. I did not preshrink most of the covering which is thinned Eze Dope over Esaki. The vertical stab covering was doped and shrunk prior to attaching to the structure and the horizontal was covered with raw Esaki, then sprayed with Krylon after the glued dried. The latter usually works well for me when I want a covering that will never draw up tight, but it did shrink up some. I had to float some 99% alcohol on it to get it to relax again so I could hopefully get it to stay flat. If not I will recover with the method used on the vertical.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: