Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 19, 2022, 02:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Youtube editing freeware  (Read 437 times)
mick66
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2022, 02:19:01 PM »

Hi

Recommendations in free desktop software for editing say iphone video or creating montage of photos to upload to Youtube etc?

Cheers

Mike
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 133

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 05:30:38 PM »

I suppose that you're downloading the video to your PC first?  If you're using Windows, their "Movie Maker" is what I used mostly and was quite adequate, but was dropped from the standard installation with XP (IIRC).  It can still be installed from the Win website and worked fine with XP, I'm not sure if it is compatible with the latest Windows versions.

Learning curve was not too steep.  I now use an older version of Corel's "Video Studio Pro" that has a LOT more capabilities (and a much higher learning curve) and older versions can be found for cheap on fleabay.

Pete

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
MKelly
Platinum Member

Kudos: 115

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 06:58:08 PM »

I've been using Movie Maker on a Windows 10 PC.  It handles my GoPro and iPhone 13 movies just fine.  My only gripe with it is that I can't mute audio from the video clip separately from music added to the video project.

Examples made with Movie Maker here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYrDJLKAOVOet8iW5BDzBgA/videos

Mike
bobson
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 07:42:19 PM »

Mike,

I've been using VSDC free version on Windows and would recommend it. It looks a little overcomplicated but has a simple slideshow feature that can be used with images or video that I like. Movie Maker is good too, I switched I think because for some reason it was giving me framerate issues and I wanted a few more editing options. iMovie is great if you have an Apple computer.

Oliver
raggedflyer
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 02:18:17 AM »

Have a look at InShot. It’s a freebie App which I loaded onto the iPad for video and pictures. I’ve done two short videos so far and a still set of instructions with text, to learn how to use it. I don’t know how it compares with other options but I suspect it’s better to pick one and work with it.
Bredehoft
Platinum Member

Kudos: 58

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 03:12:17 PM »

I've been using Movie Maker on a Windows 10 PC.  It handles my GoPro and iPhone 13 movies just fine. 

Thanks Mike!  I tracked it down (WINDOWS Movie Maker is embedded in Windows Essentials, dated 2012 - and no longer available from or supported by Windows) and installed it.  I am glad to have it back.  It is just complex enough to do what I want and yet simple enough that it is not difficult to use.  The one that now comes with Windows is rather crappy.  For example, you can only have one caption per video.

--george

Squirrelnet
Titanium Member

Kudos: 62

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 03:45:48 PM »

Hi Mike

I've done quite few youtube videos but I do have the advantage of access to more expensive software than free ware. I can though, recommend Avid Media Composer First which is free from AVID . The down side is it does need some learning and need to import iPhone footage which takes a while and takes extra drive space. Having said that you maybe able to link to the material on your drive but that takes extra RAM and processing power.  Composer First is a nice programme to use and is a cut down version of pro-editing software, pretty much an industry standard.

https://www.avid.com/media-composer

It works on timeline basis of editing but the basic idea is used across a whole range of editing software, Adobe Premier and indeed Final Cut Pro are very similar. I assume like me for modelling video's you just want to cut out the rubbish and join the shots together, AVID is very good at that

Personally I use an old version of Apple Final Cut Pro ( 7 was the best) for youtube (again not free though cheap on ebay ?) as it's native to iPhone,  import is instant and more importantly I already have it installed. Unfortunately you need an older Mac running older software to make it work so probably not much help to you

Chris
fred
Gold Member

Kudos: 7

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 08:25:56 PM »

Dunno.. Utube is seriously on the wane.
Currently rife with advertisements and other overt $$ devices.
Seemingly the growing trend of Governments to limit it's data gathering /news pilfering has pushed it into alternate means to maintain it's Cash Flows.
 Last guy standing will need to turn out the lights.
kittyfritters
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »

Chris,

My Windows Moviemaker came to the end of its Microsoft designated lifespan and timed out.  Thanks to your post I downloaded AVID yesterday and ran through the tutorials.

Thank you!

Howard
(KF)

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
mick66
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 01:17:00 AM »

Hello Chris

Thanks for the info.

Ill have a look.

Cheers

Mike
TimWescott
Platinum Member

Kudos: 18

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 06:51:00 PM »

For the extreme in fully-featured, under-documented goodness, I suggest Kdenlive.  If you happen to have a close relative that specializes in mental trauma, that may be a help -- alternately, having the attention span of a bulldog presented with an unchewable rope will come in handy.

It's what I use.  There is nothing that it will not do, and it's free!

Unfortunately, it assumes you're already a pro-level videographer, and since the "documentation" is provided by the user community, it's all in the form of on-line videos.  Since I live in the irony of liking to produce my own videos but not being a video learner, this means I have to scratch for documentation that's written down, or I have to sit through a lot of video presentations.
Squirrelnet
Titanium Member

Kudos: 62

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2022, 03:05:47 PM »

Hi Mick

At the other end of the scale I just wanted to trim a .Mov file ( cut off the pause off the front) and then upload without firing up the my editing software and found this very useful

https://www.freeconvert.com/video-trimmer

If you just need to top and tail a raw shot from your phone before uploading this is the simplest way I can think of and probably took less time in total  than booting up the AVID or FCP

There are other converters online too
mick66
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2022, 01:14:51 AM »

Hi Chris

I’ve downloaded Avid Media First.  It looks pretty complicated but ill give it a go.  There seems to be plenty of tutorials on the net etc.

Cheers

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: