Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 29, 2024, 12:51:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flat Wing P-30  (Read 594 times)
calgoddard
Copper Member

Kudos: 47

United States United States

Topic starter
AMA, NFFS & FAC Member

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2024, 03:00:34 PM »

The old posts for this topic were lost. Using a link provided by the new Administrator of the HPA website I found a partial string with ninety replies. It would take too long to repost them all, and there are only references to thumbnail images, but not the images themselves. The thread covered the conception, development, building, test flying, and kitting of my Three Nite P-30. It is the first P-30 with a flat wing with tip-plates instead of conventional angular dihedral.  I designed this model for quick and easy construction by beginners but it has also been proven to be very competitive against sophisticated P-30 designs. A laser-cut short kit for my Three Nite P-30 is available from Volare Products. I have built four Three Nite P-30s and all of them have flown well. Two of them have been lost OOS and not recovered.

Here is a link to a video of a flight of my third Three Nite P-30:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0nvnJptVLU
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Flat Wing P-30
Flat Wing P-30
Flat Wing P-30
Flat Wing P-30
Flat Wing P-30
calgoddard
Copper Member

Topic starter
AMA, NFFS & FAC Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 10:17:14 AM »

I have posted a series of videos (Parts 1 - 7) on YouTube showing and describing how to build my Three Nite P-30 using the laser-cut short kit from Volare Products.

Just search for "Three Nite P-30" in the search bar of the YouTube website.  

These videos are intended for beginners but experienced builders and fliers might obtain some useful information by viewing them.

Here is a link to Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM3WozRINoQ

I hope that these videos will help beginners build this P-30 model so that they can enjoy successful flights. There is basic trimming advice at the end of the written instructions that come with the kit.

Anyone that has difficulty consistently achieving good flights with their Three Nite P-30 should post a link (in this thread) to a YouTube video of one of their flights. This will allow experts who frequent the HPA website to give advice on what adjustments to make.

Thank you for your interest in this subject.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:29:24 AM by calgoddard » Logged
calgoddard
Copper Member

Topic starter
AMA, NFFS & FAC Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 11:51:01 AM »

I posted Part 8 of my series of build videos on YouTube. It describes the installation and operation of a dethermalizer (DT) on my Three Nite P-30. This implementation utilizes a viscous timer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: