Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 01, 2020, 04:36:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Satellite 226 for fun!!  (Read 808 times)
Scottl0413
Gold Member

Kudos: 10

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2010, 09:44:35 AM »

Well, just to keep the power section alive, I just finished a Satellite 226 with a TD049 on it. I've always liked the look of the Satellites and have always wanted to build one so I did! finished weight is 6.5 ozs. Moved the tail to the rear, stab covering is Polyspan light, wing is combination of PL and esaki tissue. This is just a fun ship!!

Scott
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Satellite 226 for fun!!
Satellite 226 for fun!!
HatzLymanC
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:35:35 AM »

Classic beauty!! IMHO!!

Lyman
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 132

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:17:51 AM »

WOW! I always liked (and WANTED) the Satellite in all sizes - one of my favorites (right up with the Ramrods and Galaxys). Any particular reason for moving the fin?

Pete

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Scottl0413
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:03:52 PM »

Pete, the rear fin is more stable when it's locked down to the fuselage, i.e. less likely to vary during power pattern. I too am a fan of the Galaxy's, I have a no. of them from 1/2A to A and a B class also. Built them with a rear tail also.

Scott
Thermals

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »

Aren't they *all* "just for fun"? Cool

Nice looking ship! let us know how the trimming session goes.
gossie
Platinum Member

Kudos: 50

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »

Looking good. The fin out the back suits it too. Looks far better than original.... and safer.
Scottl0413
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »

Well, the winds and RAIN finally let up long enough to get the first flights in on the 226 Satellite! Took a total of 2 trim flights and it was climbing and gliding perfectly!!!!!! Grin Shocked This was my first Satellite build and flight and if this is any indication of how easily Satellites trim out, I may have a new favorite design!!!!! The little 226 with a healthy 049 TD really climbed out well! Only flew on about 4-5 second engine runs due to field size but it was well up in the sky by than.

Scott
Randy Reynolds
Gold Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »

I Just noticed that there is a Satellite 226 kit of eBay for around $100 yesterday. Somebody must place a high value on it.

Randy
Scottl0413
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »

Well this little Satellite continues to amaze me! Grin Shocked Had a little flying session last night and flew a no. of planes and the last one was the 226 Satellite. Second flight decided to see how it would to at a full 7 second engine run and a full 2 min. max. With no wind and very little drift I though I could keep in on the 100 acre field I use for trimming. This was about 7:30 in the evening!!! Well at 2 min. it still 50 ft. of air under it's wings when the DT released. Need less to say it's earned a trip to the Nats in a couple of weeks!!! The 320 Satellite is first I my build list for this winter!!!

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: