Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 02, 2021, 02:45:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Freshman embryo  (Read 1923 times)
Avro707
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »

Hi there here is my this is my first post. This looks to be a great site. I am on the SFA page as well but the more contacts the better.

Here is a photo of my first Embryo which was a Freshman from Easy Built. I ended up losing it on a very nice flight. It was not out of sight but it landed in a factory yard and I did not want to trespass. I would build another but at the moment I have a Doubble top being built then the Born Loser plan for the NATS.

So lets see if I can post a photo...

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/bohemian1020/robs093-1.jpg
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Freshman embryo
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:03:00 PM by Sundance12 » Logged
DaddyO
Platinum Member

Kudos: 61

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »

Nice one Avro707 Smiley

Lost it on a factory site eh? I've known a modeler climb up the side of a hanger to get back a model from the distinctly dodgy roof and have from time to time found myself swaying 30' up a tree with both hands trying to control a looooong pole attempting to retrieve a wayward toy...

Most folks are okay about gettin' em back if you are able to speak to them. (I always hope the 'lost' ones find their way into some youngsters hands and give 'em a taste of what we enjoy) Cheesy

Cheers
Paul

There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is already full
Maxout
Titanium Member

Kudos: 101

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 02:08:07 PM »

The Freshman is a very good design. I've had one give me a real run for my money in competition. Don't wait too long to build another. And don't forget a DT!
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 280

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 02:08:48 PM »

Welcome to HPA, Avro .. good to have you with us. From whence in Canada?

As Paul says .. in general terms people and even authorities are very helpful once things are explained to them ..

There is (or was) a hospital on t'other side of road from Newcastle Town Moor .. a chat with the office brought forth a maintenance man who then took me through a ward of nursing mothers Embarrassed to allow me out onto a small balcony from which, with the aid of a supplied ladder, I could then climb onto the roof and walk along beside the parapet to retrieve an early version of the Applehoney power model. Somehow doubt that would happen today.....

It's next flight was to d/t into a public swimming pool off the end of the moor .. and the last into a gypsy encampment from which it was eventually safely recovered after initially vanishing .. but that's another story in itself. An interesting day...
Avro707
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »

I dwell in Cambridge Ontario about an 45min West of Toronto. I see my freshman pic is up thanks. I am still working on my double Top embryo. I am almost done just have to start the props and dope the plane. It will be ready to try when the warm weather arrives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: