Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2019, 12:30:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PAW 35 Twin Bearing  (Read 1941 times)
BlueBaron
Silver Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:08:43 AM »

Hi Folks, What size profile control line model could you use the PAW 35 twin bearing engine in? Is it equal to a 40, 45 glow?

Thanks, Mike
The Kiwi
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 08:30:39 PM »

Hi Folks, What size profile control line model could you use the PAW 35 twin bearing engine in? Is it equal to a 40, 45 glow?

It's interesting that this message was never answered. The diesel engines run more like a four-stroke does, with higher torque at lower rpms, and lower peak horsepower, enabling them to swing larger props and to use less fuel, so they are very useful where speed is unimportant, or where economy requirements offset speed requirements.

There is no true "equality" as such, unless it's to a four-stroke. They run so differently than the two-stroke Glow engines that you have to deal with them separately. The worst thing, IMO, is you go home smelling bad if you are a diesel flier, while the smell of castor on your clothes is a far more pleasant odor to carry home with you.

All that being said, I have seen articles naming .35 size diesels as suitable for stunt planes that a Glow Engine flier would use a 40 or 46 on, yes, but with longer gear legs for the bigger prop.

Kiwi

* Smiley *
Kiwi
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 05:53:50 AM »

A .35 diesel would be a rare thing, I would think he is referring to a PAW 3.5cc not a .35 ci. I can't recall PAW ever making a motor that big. A size comparison to a 3.5cc would be a very different ball game. Perhaps this is why the question stagnated for so long.
slipstick
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »

A .35 diesel would be a rare thing, I would think he is referring to a PAW 3.5cc not a .35 ci. I cant recall PAW ever making a motor that big

Just for your interest, PAW make diesels in .29, .35, .40, .49 and .60 ci sizes, all considerably bigger than 3.5cc. Above .35 they are only available with twin bearings. They have been making these for a good few years Wink.

See http://www.eifflaender.com/quoteform.doc

Steve
Garf
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 12:24:05 PM »

I own a PAW 29DS. It's a little anemic, but starts and runs well.
aeromuddler
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »

Hi guys I fly a paw .35 in a brodak tanager. And it doesn't lack punch on an 11 x 7

the model weighs about 40 ozs....

Derek (UK)
old4570

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 02:14:09 AM »

A friend ran the PAW diesels in stunt ..

35D = about 40 size model to 45 size . the PAW weighs a bit .. So keep it in mind when looking to build for it [ shorter nose ]

Going for the Classic 4/2 run , you dont want the engine cooling of too much , so take your time tuning the motor and maybe play with the amount of cooling your going to give it ..

If mem serves , he started with a profile model , then cowled it to see how much cooling it needed . [ different cowls ]

He had one run that ran hard [ over compressed  ] and the engine broke the crank pin . [ and it might have been with near zero cooling ]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: