Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 14, 2020, 06:15:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Playboy Snr. on launch.  (Read 445 times)
gossie
Platinum Member

Kudos: 49

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: March 28, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »

Playboy Snr. on launch in OZ Vintage Power at our recent Nats. Fox35 powered.

Came in 3rd after dropping a flight. It's called BRAIN FADE. Sad

Nice pic sent to me by Malcolm Campbell.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Playboy Snr. on launch.
Rewinged
Gold Member

Kudos: 20

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:47:08 PM »

Great pic. Beautiful plane, nice action! Shots like that make me want to take up power someday. Also makes me look forward to summer in the northern hemisphere. Field looks great, too.

--Bill

Good air don't care!
gossie
Platinum Member

Kudos: 49

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:58:30 AM »

Thanks Rewinged.

Yes, it's not a bad field and has been used for about 10 years for several OZ National's. There are a few trees that get in the way at times though. On practice day a good modern F1C hit one and was damaged and an F1B also I believe. On the Open Power fly off morning my model shown in the next post hit a very tall gum tree about a mile down wind..... Just light drift actually, and of course that terminated the flight. The model fell but without any damage. The large 40 model that won terminated it's flight by hitting a barb wire fence 1/2 way up about 2 feet from the ground and hung there, again without damage..... So that field has it's moments.

There were at one time some deer well down wind behind a 12' high cyclone wire fence that we were warned not to enter as the deer may attack. That F1C of mine did in fact land inside the enclosure those years ago but I climbed the fence, over the barb wire at the top, down and in to pick up the model before the deer got to me. The trick was to climb the fence from the inside one handed with the model in the other, but I made it to the top and dropped the model still with the tail in DT position of course, over the top and down and back to base.

Oh the joy of freeflight.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: