Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 23, 2019, 01:29:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Keil Kraft Ace  (Read 5922 times)
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 40

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »

Thanks John, it was nice to get some new video! No doubt some elevator would have helped, however I'm too stingy to add the weight on this size (30"), better solution is to not fly light stuff when it's that windy, I got caught off-guard in this case because it came up strong really fast! Also I've noticed that the 30" oldtimers and P30 (50+ grams) don't do well in this small field on windy days, the 80+ gram stuff (Hurricane, Coupe, Wake) are better and can blast through the wind to get up there - my Hurricane windy day flight is similar to this flight but you can see that it penetrates the wind a little better, though it still does some hanging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAuWFgSi5X4

The most interesting part for me was that it reinforced my usual strategy of keeping the wing incidence down and keeping the CG back, then you also don't need as much downthrust. I have the Senator well under way and am planning on building the Sparky as well, so I'll just build in some shim to reduce the incidence a little (they both have a fair degree).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: