Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
February 26, 2021, 09:56:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Went flying.  (Read 218801 times)
MKelly
Platinum Member

Kudos: 106

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: February 09, 2021, 07:11:10 AM »

Nice flights Tony!  That U-2 is quite a floater.

Mike
tross
Gold Member

Kudos: 48

Ignore
« Reply #1501 on: February 09, 2021, 06:49:40 PM »

Thanks Mike. Smiley
It's an easy model to fly.
Tony

Instructions: Step One...Assemble the pile of sticks shown in pic "A" to look like the model airplane shown in pic "B"........
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 188

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: February 10, 2021, 08:42:21 AM »

As usual you have that flying well Tony. Very nice transition and glide. Well done.

John
dosco
Platinum Member

Kudos: 10

Ignore
« Reply #1503 on: February 10, 2021, 08:56:26 AM »

I caught about 30 minutes of HLG flying yesterday afternoon/evening between teleconferences in the Naval Academy Stadium parking lot. There were a couple of guys flying electric powered RC on the other side of the field, one plane looked like a Gee Bee.

Got a few nice flights with the Zweibox and the Lunchboxes ... I will say that I'm out of practice, several not-so-great-launches. Nonetheless a few very nice flights ... and more interestingly, a younger guy with his 2 young sons (one was maybe 1 and riding dad's shoulders, the other might have been 4). They watched me for a few minutes, and he asked about the gliders. He said he thought they were pretty neat ... that brought a smile to my face.

Today cold and supposed to snow.

-Dave
Jasco
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Aero Ergo Sum

Ignore
« Reply #1504 on: February 15, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »

I ventured out in the park for some test flights of the Pinto.  This version has a 13" span and a laminated fuselage with the center lamination hollowed out. It didn't turn out as light as I'd hoped, but the climb is good and I got it to transition fairly well.  The first tests (before the snow and cold) showed I unintentionally built in negative decalage, so I rebuilt the tail and now it is set at as close to 0-0 as I could get it.  This design seems to require a much more horizontal launch than my "performance" gliders. It likes to "zoom" up as it turns right. I wonder if the short tail moment has anything to do with it.

Anyway, adjustments were made at the house before the session and I lacked the will to tweak it much in the arctic weather.

https://youtu.be/QObNWd2D7Kw

Decorating (my least favorite thing to do) is next.

I'm the same age I've always been.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: